Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need new treads for the JK. Considering 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ or BFG-MT.

Any opinions? I want radials as this will spend 98% of the time on the pavement. SSRs are too expensive. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
as much as I hate Mall-Terrains, they have awesome wear and are good going down the road....
as soon as you turn off the pavement and find yourself in a situation where you need a good off road tire, they fall on their face. Since this rig is primarily street driven I'd say go with the BFGs, as much as I hate them
It's hard to have the best of both worlds, the MTZs are a better off-road tire, but I don't feel they have the on-road characteristics you are looking for.

I have a set of TSL radials and I love them. They are the most aggressive "quiet" tire I have seen. For a tire with that much luggage, they are super quiet going down the road.
my .02

·
Balls Deep
4,569 Posts
toyo mts, trxus MT's, dick cepek mud countrys, parnelli jones, are all good.

if an AT interest you, trxus STS, dick cepek FC-II, general grabber at-2, and grabber ST's seem to work well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.