Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the way home from the family Christmas tonight at around 8pm and hit a deer on 31 near Benton Harbor at 65mph. Absolutly DESTROYED the front bumper, grill, Dside fender and dented the driver door on my Duramax :(

I limped the truck off of the highway and had to hook a tow strap around the front bumper and pull it off the tire. While in the process, notice what I thought was Deer blood, but was in fact Transmission fluid...ugh...

Turns out, the auxilery trans cooler is f'd up. Fortunatly, Daryl was able to come and pick the Mrs. and I up.

I will get pictures tomorrow when I go pick it up....What a LOVELY present! Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fortunatly, I made a very good aquiatance this summer. The owner of Auto Body USA. He will get me all taken care. I will probably end up doing a 03-05 GMC front clip and denali headlights for some extra bling :)

I was in the Right lane, three deer total in the road, I got the front one.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
I was on the way home from the family Christmas tonight at around 8pm and hit a deer on 31 near Benton Harbor at 65mph. Absolutly DESTROYED the front bumper, grill, Dside fender and dented the driver door on my Duramax :(

I limped the truck off of the highway and had to hook a tow strap around the front bumper and pull it off the tire. While in the process, notice what I thought was Deer blood, but was in fact Transmission fluid...ugh...

Turns out, the auxilery trans cooler is f'd up. Fortunatly, Daryl was able to come and pick the Mrs. and I up.

I will get pictures tomorrow when I go pick it up....What a LOVELY present! Merry Christmas!
:( thats sucks bri..

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Fortunatly, I made a very good aquiatance this summer. The owner of Auto Body USA. He will get me all taken care. I will probably end up doing a 03-05 GMC front clip and denali headlights for some extra bling :)

I was in the Right lane, three deer total in the road, I got the front one.
hotness!

·
Yankabilly
7,944 Posts
Click click boom!
:sonicjay::sonicjay::sonicjay:

Bri Merry fawking x-mas... Kim hit a deer in my old dually doing 70... Good thing you guys are all right the dmax will live. It will look good with the denali front clip.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts