Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
The lack of that in the lineup is why I didn't buy a new truck. I can't carry what I need to in a shorter bed and I'm not buying a Quad if there's a bigger cab available.
My perfect vehicle would be something like an Excursion with an 8' bed. :tonka: I would have to cut some trees down to turn into my driveway though.

·
Balls Deep
4,569 Posts
i think the conversion is like 5k or so, but im not sure, i think this is the number one place doing it.

www.megacablongbed.com im pretty sure thats what the sticker said on one of the showtrucks at IRP said, and they have a bunch of them, although a crappy site.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The lack of that in the lineup is why I didn't buy a new truck. I can't carry what I need to in a shorter bed and I'm not buying a Quad if there's a bigger cab available.

Same with my dad. He really wants a megacab for the extra room for vacations and stuff... but at the same time we can't pull our 5th wheel with a short box (nor haul wood, etc) without buying one of the $2500 moveable 5th wheel pain in the ass hitches.

-Brandon

·
Registered
390 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
IDK.. It can't be much longer then what.. 6 or 8 inches longer then the quad cab long box? (thats about how long the megacab is vs the quad cab right?) Thats what ours is, and yes some corners are a little tough, but you gotta just roll over the curb.

-Brandon

·
Balls Deep
4,569 Posts
i saw the strait side in person, and it looks hella-sweet. and if you cant drive it around a corner, or park it, go buy a Colorado. i never had a problem with my crewcab long box ford, and the megacab dually isnt that much longer. just a whole lot sweeter.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts