Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mary Jane

17K views 104 replies 22 participants last post by  Lousypirate 
#1 ·
#72 ·
Picked up a 4 barrel intake. Mocked up distributor.

Waiting on gaskets. Got the new bolt pattern drilled and tapped in the bellhousing. Going to put set screws in the old pattern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 Barrel huh? What are you thinking? 450cfm?

#89 ·
Dumb question(s).

Mary Jane seems cool, but why not finish the Kernel first? It seems like Marry Jane is more of a dune rig while the Kernel will be more like a crawler?

Regardless, the progress looks great.

#90 ·
The kernel is a build it once, build it right. I have quite a bit of investment in parts to go to get the kernel built.

There was a promise that I'd get to have a jeep on the road before there's a baby in the house. Mary Jane is inevitably a cheaper build that I'm hoping to just enjoy. (There is an expectation to go through the motor and hop it up at a later date).

I have my firstborn due at the end of October, so I'm plugging away at this because it doesn't need to be perfect to enjoy it, whereas I don't want to go through 8 revisions to the kernel to get it right.

Mary Jane is a mainly street/dune rig. I'll do whatever I want to with the 2wd locker bit, but just want to have fun. Kernel is going to be an all around rig to conquer all of michigan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.