Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
can you hear the banjos?
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i desided to take manda out on one of her days off school since she has been working so hard in the nursing program. i recently got done rebuilding my raptor eng. trans ect. i did the last bit of carb work the night before rode it around the block once and loaded it up. we left on thursday morning and got to the mounds and rode for a few hours. we go to our hotel in flint (which i did NOT know was the getto) and its a really nice room hot tub and all. anyways around 10:00 i notice my back straps were off on the quads in the lot. i thought to myself ahhh they fell off, i went out and put them back on. we go to sleep. around 3 am i hear "pop pop pop" i look out the window and see my raptor off the trailer and my z400 half off i walk out in the hallway and start down the hall and i ran into a big group of homies giving me a hard time and what not. i went back to our room and got on some reg clothes not pj's and walked outside. the "pop pop" noise id heard was someone getting shot at the hotel next door.... so i load my shit back up and back the truck up to my hotel window ran over there bush and everything. i was not happy. the next morning we wake up and go to zenders for lunch. ate and was on on our way. untill

we were moving right along down southbound 75 and a gravel train just comes over into our lane and smashes into the pass side of my tahoe. no warning nothing. so when he hit he hit it so hard the truck was sliding down the express way hopping. i thought it was going over for sure. i did what i could but reached over and grabed manda as we hit the wall at 70 mph. i slid down the wall and ended up facing north into on coming traffic.get this the truck never quit:sonicjay: .the guy behind me pulled over and called the cops. the truck that hit me pulled over down the road. i wanted to kill him but could not get spun around the state boy comes and i drive the truck to the other side of the e-way.we look down the road and the truck is gone. state boy sends the sheriff after him. the pics show the damage for the most part. frame is bent, rear axle is shifted (rear end shim broke) and one of my four wheelers feel off trailer and the other was damaged. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee just my luck.hopefully you got a chuckle

oh ya i drove it home it was rough but it made it like a champ:rock:

Attachments

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
OMFG.................I am glad you and Manda are okay, but omfg.

I am just not sure if you are absolutely fucking the most luckiest dood or if I just jinxed myself for posting in your thread. :poke:

Anyways back to this flint thing.......

I have driven through flint before.

Understand?

The above statement makes no mention of stopping and grabbing a hotel there..........."I drove through flint".....okay now you do that from here on out. Oh this applies to Detroit too.

·
can you hear the banjos?
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
word. aaa waved my deduct and what not but not sure if they are gonna total it. aaa must hate me wrecked my white truck last year, they stole that truck, my burned down house, and now this

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
Damn! I'm glad everyone is OK.

Just for future reference, if the desk clerk asks you how many hours you want the room for, you may want to look somewhere else.. :d:

·
8,046 Posts
Glad you're ok.

What hotel?

Also, if you are going to the mounds and stating in the flint area, stay at the holiday inn on Hill rd. The place is way safer and if you want you can put your trailer in my fenced in yard under the light. I live in the safe area.:)

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,070 Posts
damn glad to hear you two are alrite.

I think that if i heard gunshots near me at the hotel i would pack my shit and leave

·
Registered
168 Posts
But the hotel was really nice...compensating for the ghetto I guess. I'm guessing the people who work there are used to it.

unclebeaner: we're ready to check out
lady: oh how was your stay?
unclebeaner: well aside from my 4wheelers almost getting stolen and the shooting it was alright
lady: oh I'm sorry I hope you come again!

·
Yankabilly
7,944 Posts
But the hotel was really nice...compensating for the ghetto I guess. I'm guessing the people who work there are used to it.

unclebeaner: we're ready to check out
lady: oh how was your stay?
unclebeaner: well aside from my 4wheelers almost getting stolen and the shooting it was alright
lady: oh I'm sorry I hope you come again!
I would have told her to shut the _ _ _ _ up and give me my $$$ back. Come again My ASS!!!

Glad to hear everyone is alright.

·
can you hear the banjos?
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the quads are fixable. i havent rode them or anything yet to see whats bent and what not, the trailer is covered up to 1500 on the truck insurance and the quads are also under the truck because they were being towed

1 - 20 of 54 Posts