Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Mudweiser!
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont really know where to put this so I guess this will do.My buddies and I are working on a making a mud pit for our trucks and dont really know how to make it good.We have a dozer,an excavator,and some farm equipment to work with.Thinking of digging it out with the dozer and then running a chisel plow through it and pushing some more dirt back in and repeating.Does that sound like it will work ok for when we get some decent rain?Input would be great.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,225 Posts
take dirt, add water, mix well.

·
likes him some Red Dog
2,268 Posts
Save time and effort. Don't make a ghey mudpit. Go do real wheeling :finger:

:sonicjay::sonicjay:

·
Fancy Lady
3,211 Posts
Thinking of digging it out with the dozer and then running a chisel plow through it and pushing some more dirt back in and repeating.
If you have an excavator why in the hell would you "dig" with a dozer? All the dozer is going to be good for in that instance is sloping the sides and pulling you and your genius friends out when you blow apart your drivetrain. If you were smart, you would probably find a low area and dig it up with the hoe. Don't remove the dirt, just turn it.

If you use the chisel plow you are going to end up with huge ruts. Turn up the dirt with the hoe in a semi level manner. Then water down really well. It will turn to mud on its own if you loosen the soil up enough.

42,949 Posts
If you have an excavator why in the hell would you "dig" with a dozer? All the dozer is going to be good for in that instance is sloping the sides and pulling you and your genius friends out when you blow apart your drivetrain. If you were smart, you would probably find a low area and dig it up with the hoe. Don't remove the dirt, just turn it.

If you use the chisel plow you are going to end up with huge ruts. Turn up the dirt with the hoe in a semi level manner. Then water down really well. It will turn to mud on its own if you loosen the soil up enough.

do you really have a va jay jay

1 - 20 of 84 Posts