Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went to AZone on Friday and bought a starter for my truck. Went to install it today and found a loose pos. connection and a broken relay connection. Tightened things up and fixed the broken wire and it fired right up.
So I take the starter back that I bought on Friday. (BTW, I had an axtra starter that I had turned in for a core.)
The guy returned the purchase price for the starter to me and then, because the core had already been "processed" they refunded me the core charge of 30.00 on top of the purchase price. So my return ended up being 134.00 for the starter, 30.00 for the core and the tax on both for a grand total of 174.89.

Not a bad return on a 143.00 investment. :sonicjay:

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Was it Cork, Riverview, or Westnedge? :sonicjay:

And that is technically the correct way to return it.

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
yeah the computer is sat up that way, because you can't actually sell them cores.

·
Floor Shift Maddness!
1,372 Posts
and its a wonder why they are now charging 50 bucks for a 10 dollar brake rotor!

we dont order parts from them anymore because of there recent price increase's.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
and its a wonder why they are now charging 50 bucks for a 10 dollar brake rotor!

we dont order parts from them anymore because of there recent price increase's.

Autozone didn't loose money on that return. They are still going to get credit from the company that rebuilds them. Granted some of the rotor prices are higher, but all companies' prices have increased.

·
You call, we haul.
1,509 Posts
There's no "bad karma" or actually any wrong-doing at all here. That's how Murray's used to do it as well, and I'm pretty sure how everyone would do it. Technically, you're not supposed to return electrical parts, except in the case that it's the wrong part, but no one follows that rule. And since we can't give the core back, we just let them keep the core deposit.

They figure that no one is going to waste the time to dig up a bunch of starters or alternators, fork out the purchase price for new pieces, then return them, so it's not a very high-priority loss prevention area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts