Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

Hope this finds each and every one of you healthy and well!

I'm a wish granter for Make-A-Wish Foundation and assist in the granting of wishes for children with life threatening illness'. For over 20 years, Make-A-Wish does a 300 mile bike ride called the, "WAM 300" to raise monies for Make-A-Wish children.

They are in need of volunteers for the 22nd WAM ride this July 23-26.

Here is a link:
http://www.wishmich.org/Page.aspx?pid=505

If you would like to ride in the event, GREAT! I too will be trekking along the 300 miles no matter the weather for these kids!

If you cannot participate or volunteer, but would like to donate you can send me a PM or click the link I included at the end of this.

Cheers!
Stacie B./Lovemud

(To follow my progress in the ride and/or for donations go to, http://www.wishmich.org/Page.aspx?pid=503&frsid=3710

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
sweet are you a rider? this will be my 5th year riding.

great cause

edit sorry just saw you link for your rider page

good luck hope to see you out there!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
sweet are you a rider? this will be my 5th year riding.

great cause

edit sorry just saw you link for your rider page

good luck hope to see you out there!
AWESOME!!!! Are you riding on a team or individual? I'm picking my new bike up next week to start breaking it in; super excited!!!

·
NEVER GIVE UP!
3,964 Posts
Donation Made

Good luck and thanks for doing this

It will put a smile on a kids face

Now Ride it like you stole it :)

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
AWESOME!!!! Are you riding on a team or individual? I'm picking my new bike up next week to start breaking it in; super excited!!!
i'm on my dads team.

he has done this ride 15 times. his first was in 1993.
they had a little over 40 riders I think. now they have to limit it to under 800 or something!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm on my dads team.

he has done this ride 15 times. his first was in 1993.
they had a little over 40 riders I think. now they have to limit it to under 800 or something!
WOW! It has to be really cool for him and yourself, to watch this event grow to what it has become.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Someone asked if donations can be made by check, yes they can. PM me and I will give you the details you need.

Checks need to be written to: Make-A-Wish Foundation.

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
How is your training going?

good luck its almost time! wish you luck .

I was going to be the most prepared I've ever been this year, until a while back I tore my ACL.

I'll still be somewhat prepared and plan to do all the ride. just was unexpected.

Goodluck!

and someone send her some money! its a GREAT cause!

·
Registered
315 Posts
My work is donating some of it profits in august to the make a wish foundation. I work at dairy queen so when someone buys a blizzard a profit of it goes to the foundation. We also have one of those little boxes by the cash registers for people to put their change in and it goes to the foundation. Just thought you would like to know since you're participate in this event.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts