Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toyota 3.4 V6 flywheel that I need the holes plugged and redrilled to bolt to my Mercedes OM617 pattern.

I need to find a machine shop willing to take this on at a reasonable cost, so far all I've found are places that are giving me the, "we don't want to do this" pricing.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to just make a new one?

I should be able to fill and re drill or make a new one for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Gustafson
9,879 Posts
Try Automotive Machine. I have not dealt with them personally, but I've heard they do good work. If they can't help you, maybe they can turn you on to someone who can.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
About 20 years ago I watched my uncle weld up the holes in a flywheel and re-drill for a different tractor, the thing is still in use

RBB

·
Gustafson
9,879 Posts
About 20 years ago I watched my uncle weld up the holes in a flywheel and re-drill for a different tractor, the thing is still in use

RBB
So are you saying your uncle can fix it for him? :ROFLMAO:

·
Gustafson
9,879 Posts
Uncle got squished buy a tractor 8 years ago :cry: "ROPS are a must" but someone out there can do it and it can last a long time if done right (y)

RBB
I'm so sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uncle got squished buy a tractor 8 years ago :cry: "ROPS are a must" but someone out there can do it and it can last a long time if done right (y)

RBB
Damn, that's a bummer.

I found a place to take care of it for me BTW.

For fun, and because you never know, I asked on a local Facebook group and all three answers were, "why don't you just use a Mercedes flywheel" :LOL: It would suck to go through life with so little imagination.

·
Gustafson
9,879 Posts
Speaking of the flywheel, I remember you mentioning you were going to use a different one, but I don't recall if you ever said what the advantage of using this one was?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts