Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
41 - 60 of 227 Posts

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Looking good so far Ryan! Keep the updates coming, i want to see it finished for comparison purposes for my willys wagon. Mine would be a trail rig if i did that though.
Thanks! I'd like to say I have more updates but the tube laser at work is backed up so I won't be able to get my frame piece til next week, that and it's so dang hot out here that boating sounds more fun.

I did get the front of the frame boxed in and my motor mounts tacked together last night though. I also spent 2 hours in the blazing heat getting this stupid steering arm off the axle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I spent a few hours on a steering arm before, those things are a pain in the ass especially after 40+ years of salt and rust
After beating on it with my sledge for an hour I got on Google and found out that if you break the cone shaped washers free first it will come off easier, and it definitely did

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I got my frame rail from the tube laser back today, so I tacked it together on my fab table and gave it a test fit, very happy with the placement and fit. Now I can't decide if I weld the mitre cuts back on the fab table or on the jeep. I know if I do it on the table it will be level but I also know the ends will warp in and it will be a pain in the ass to slide it back in the frame rails.

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Put my spare wrangler tire on to start getting an idea for the links...exhaust manifolds put a big monkey wrench on an upper link for either side, got some serious head scratching to do.

Bonus points to whoever can guess what the drawing is for

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
judging by the file name at the bottom I would say you're correct
Nice catch haha, didn't realize that was on the bottom of the drawing. But yes it is a firewall, the PO had to much fun with a torch and expanding foam to fit the inline 6. It will take to much work to fix what is there so I decided it would be easiest to cut it all out and start from scratch

· Registered
939 Posts
Nice catch haha, didn't realize that was on the bottom of the drawing. But yes it is a firewall, the PO had to much fun with a torch and expanding foam to fit the inline 6. It will take to much work to fix what is there so I decided it would be easiest to cut it all out and start from scratch

Save that file for me, i may need it if i decide to build my willys. The PO did the same thing to mine lol. Must be a popular mod, torch and foam:fish:

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Save that file for me, i may need it if i decide to build my willys. The PO did the same thing to mine lol. Must be a popular mod, torch and foam:fish:
Will do! I save all my cad files and laser programs so if anybody else sees something I made in this thread they want let me know and I can cut it out!

· Direct Drive FTW
2,496 Posts
Firewall looks amazing.
You going to add holes for the wiring harness/heater into cab later or add them to the file before cutting it on the table?

Any mounting holes for a accusump on that firewall?

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Firewall looks amazing.
You going to add holes for the wiring harness/heater into cab later or add them to the file before cutting it on the table?

Any mounting holes for a accusump on that firewall?
Wiring harness will be done later with a hole saw when I actually no where it's going to go. This will be a summer only truck so there will be no heater core, if anything it will get a little 12v heater, and no plans for accusump.

41 - 60 of 227 Posts