Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
221 - 227 of 227 Posts

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
I started back up on this project again...
I temporarily stole the motor from this in an attempt to LS swap my boat, and then ultimately abandoned that project and put an SBC back in the boat, and the LS back in the willys.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive design Gas

First things I addressed on the willys with the motor back in were wiring and exhaust. I have the exhaust routed on both sides to about the trans crossmember so far, but thats all the farther I will go until I have the rear suspension figured out. Now I am working on the engine wiring and getting all the connector wires shortened and re pinned for a nice clean install. Once that is all done the only thing stopping me from firing the motor up is finishing the fuel system and a few other small pieces.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Hood Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
:ROFLMAO: I assume it was more trouble than it was worth trying to swap it into the boat?

I am glad to see you are back on this!!!
The boat swap ended up being much more of a project than I anticipated (usually what happens with my projects) and ultimately didn't want to lose the end of the summer boating. I still have all the parts I accumulated to do it though and some day will attempt it again.

221 - 227 of 227 Posts