Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
201 - 220 of 227 Posts

· American
1,731 Posts
Unfortunately a few more clues are leading me to believe someone broke into my barn and took them...

I'm still going to hold out hope that I lost them and they will turn up somewhere but it's not looking good

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
What’s missing?

On a side note, if you’re looking for security systems I recommend amazon deals on Black Friday. I bought my Annke 8 camera system and 1TB SSD for $200 last year. I love it for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
What’s missing?

On a side note, if you’re looking for security systems I recommend amazon deals on Black Friday. I bought my Annke 8 camera system and 1TB SSD for $200 last year. I love it for the price.

Rocker arms, trunion kit, push rods, ARP head bolts, flywheel adapter, flywheel bolts, np208 32 spline input shaft, timing chain and a few other small pieces

· American
1,731 Posts
Holy shit that’s quite the list, that sucks. Idk if you have a guy you order your stuff from or not but I used Lance Draeger over on the east side for all my LS engine components. From my holley to the BTR components and even parts for my truck, I’ve bought quite a bit through him.

What do you mean by flywheel adapter? The snout adapter for a torque converter?

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Holy shit that’s quite the list, that sucks. Idk if you have a guy you order your stuff from or not but I used Lance Draeger over on the east side for all my LS engine components. From my holley to the BTR components and even parts for my truck, I’ve bought quite a bit through him.

What do you mean by flywheel adapter? The snout adapter for a torque converter?

· American
1,731 Posts
Ah. I lucked out and had a long crank 6.0 so I could just bolt everything together without having to worry about a spacer. My 5.3 though I bought a cheap adapter for the torque converter snout on amazon prime last week.

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Took advantage of summit racing's cyber Monday sale and ordered there LS roller rockers. They are a full roller, billet aluminum, and made in the USA! I also ordered a new crank spacer and crank bolts so I could get the 4l80e bolted to the motor. Once I got them bolted together, I dropped them both back in the truck.

Next up is getting a transmission crossmember figured out.

· F-U-CANCER!!!
6,032 Posts
I probably should have ordered a cam, springs and rockers for my ls during the sale weeks.... Think I am gonna wait another year though. Not enough time to get everything I want done it seems...

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
I probably should have ordered a cam, springs and rockers for my ls during the sale weeks.... Think I am gonna wait another year though. Not enough time to get everything I want done it seems...
I know the feeling of not enough time haha. This summer was all about boat and house projects. Now that those are all wrapped up I was planning on spending a bunch of time on this. Then I got asked to put coilovers and bump stops on a YJ and 3 link it. Now that's where most of my free time goes

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Trans mount pieces are all here...just need to find the time to put it all together...maybe this weekend.

I also got some more frame plates. The stock truck frame is all C channel. When I'm done with it 95% of the frame will be boxed in with just a few openings for wiring/plumbing things.

· Gustafson
10,843 Posts
Trans mount pieces are all here...just need to find the time to put it all together...maybe this weekend.

I also got some more frame plates. The stock truck frame is all C channel. When I'm done with it 95% of the frame will be boxed in with just a few openings for wiring/plumbing things.

Awesome! That should make it nice and stiff. Looking forward to seeing more progress on this thing!

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Moved this from the back corner of the shop to the front and right next to the wood stove with hopes of getting some good progress over the winter.

In the last couple weeks I got most of the parts I had on hand installed/mocked up and then started a list of stuff I need yet. As it sits right now the 5.3/4l80e/np208 is bolted together and mounted in the truck, minus a Trans crossmember which I'll need to re-engineer from my original plan. The truck is also sitting on its own weight with the 3 link and coilovers all tacked together.

Priority number 1 is to get the motor fired up. I think I built this motor 4 or 5 years ago and have yet to here it make any noise....
I need to get a steam port kit figured out, fuel system, cooling system, and wire it up. I have a radiator, cut down harness, and flashed computer already. Thinking about stealing the fuel system from my TJ for now.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

· In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,369 Posts
love it! What do you need to figure out with the steam ports.... run the back to the front and to the rad? Or just plug the back and do a crossover in the front? I did the plugging and crossover in the front and have yet to see any issues. I know its a hot topic with a lot of debates.

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
love it! What do you need to figure out with the steam ports.... run the back to the front and to the rad? Or just plug the back and do a crossover in the front? I did the plugging and crossover in the front and have yet to see any issues. I know its a hot topic with a lot of debates.
I don't have any parts for steam ports yet, so I gotta figure out how I want to do it and buy parts. I definitely will run them back to the radiator. I'm undecided on venting or just plugging the back ports. Most likely will just block them off, and vent the front ones to the radiator.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
201 - 220 of 227 Posts