Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you see us? between Traverse City and Chelsea. it was the 20th anniversary of WAM (wish-a-mile) 300 mile bicycle tour. it was my 4th year riding and i just finished today. we ride 300 miles in 3 days. with 700 riders its make a wish foundation of Michigan's BIGGEST and fund raiser, this year we made over 1.3 MILLION to help grant wishes to kids with life threating illnesses. thats over 120 wishes granted from one bike ride. its really fun but tiring as hell. goodnight. :woot:

·
broken
5,093 Posts
:thumb:

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's awesome. I'm sure the kids will really appreciate it.:woot: :woot: :woot:
its great. at the end theres a party where we get to meet the child we are riding for if they are available to come. unfortunately the 9 yr ol boy i was riding for died in april. luckily he got his wish to go to indy 500 a while ago before his condition got to bad.
Its just amazing what those kids go thru. We even have an older guy rider who can only used one leg and one arm, he has a special 3-wheeler cuztom made for him and he rides ALL 300 miles with ONE leg. hes awsome.

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
300 miles!!! Holy crap, I don't even do that in the entire season.

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
300 miles!!! Holy crap, I don't even do that in the entire season.
Its the ONLY reason i started biking. it was my dads 13th time! when he started in 1991 there was 47 riders. now they have to limit it to 700!!! cant even explain how it feels helping the kids.

Very cool, pyrowaves. :thumb:

Craig
thanks its worth it in the end even if you feel like quitting while your there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts