Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not much more to the story....the pictures are pretty well self explantatory....finished the jeep saturday night...sunday morning I got up to go icefishing...we get out on the saginaw bay and got the call that there was a garage fire...and I knew it was too late then because my mom wouldn't of called if it was something minor...i came back to see this left of my yj and ranger....well whoever makes these gl4x4 stickers they are strong....if they survived and my paint didn't! the insurance guy comes out today with hopefully good news....the fire marshall said it either started from the welder lighting up somehow or the jeep going up somehow...but luckily nobody was in the garage....my mom and sister and friend were in the house...and i guess it was a good thing I had fireworks hidden in the garage because they woke up to those going off and the garage is really close to the house and the flames were shooting up on the covered deck...it melted the siding and cracked the windows.... =( well it looks like i will be in the market for a new rig....

and this is a before pic and an after.... =(

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems like I have had nothing but bad luck...after I got that ranger going...it was a christmas present from my parents...it needed a new motor my friend drove his quad into the side of it on accident...the next day me and my gf were driving home and the hood flew up and we almost crashed then last week I got this stupid virus and have bell palsy...if you don't know what that it is it sucks...its temporary but the muscles don't work in the left side of my face...but I guess it usually doesn't last that long...but it still feels awkard because you can't blink right or drink right or anything.....lately things haven't been going my way!...lol

·
GLFWDA VP
4,307 Posts
Sorry about your loss. We just had both of our garages burn down in June of last year. If you have any questions let me know. It really sucks going through this with no idea of the process.... Good luck.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
last week I got this stupid virus and have bell palsy...if you don't know what that it is it sucks...its temporary but the muscles don't work in the left side of my face...but I guess it usually doesn't last that long...but it still feels awkard because you can't blink right or drink right or anything.....lately things haven't been going my way!...lol
Sorry to hear about the fire. That sucks.

Bell's Palsy sucks too. I had it four years ago. Shitty part is not being able to drink normally :(

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the bell palsy does suck...when i get around my friends they think its a game trying to get me to laugh...and they think its even funnier when whatever I am drinking comes back out my mouth...it sucks!

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Sorry for the loss!
If the insurance gives you any crap, hire a public insurance adjuster. Insurance companies usually try to push their weight around, just make sure you stand your ground, if you have paid your insurance bills you have rights to what is insured.

·
Get Up and Go
2,575 Posts
Bad luck. Good luck with the claim.

I would not mention the fireworks though. Illegal explosives at a fire scene? Might gove someone ammo to decline a claim.

the bell palsy does suck...when i get around my friends they think its a game trying to get me to laugh...and they think its even funnier when whatever I am drinking comes back out my mouth...it sucks!
I am thinking you might need to get some new friends.

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
WOW that sucks man. how it all works out in the end

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
Is the siding on your house melted from the fire, or from an ill placed grille.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts