Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a set of leaf springs for my 96 xj my stock ones are shot. Looking for a good set or a set thats beefer than stock thank you and let me know what you have .

·
ASSHOLE
932 Posts
If you don't find anything go to a spring shop and have them put in a full length leaf (shackle to shackle) under your main leaf. I did this and paid 70 dollars. I did bring in the packs though so no nabor charge. If you add anymore than one leaf your gonna need new longer u bolts also but. A good spring shop will be able to arch a stiff full length in your pack to bring it back to stock stance. Unless you get new spring packs you are going to have the same problem with sag in a short time without the full aal. I think the full length aal is the best way to go.. .02

Oh yeah, if you do add a leaf make sure you tell the shop to add a USED leaf so they dont rape you on price..

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking to do a aal lift and gotta watch my budget momma says so . can anyone help out a newbie . The spring shop is a good idea but won't it weaken my pack for off road .

·
ASSHOLE
932 Posts
I was looking to do a aal lift and gotta watch my budget momma says so . can anyone help out a newbie . The spring shop is a good idea but won't it weaken my pack for off road .

If its the xj in your avatar any weaker they will be broken. On a budget the junkyard is the way to go. S-10 packs can be cut and used along with your main leaf. I have no experience with this but alot of people have done it.

www.naxja.org has alot of info on cheap lifting for xj's. A ton of good threads there.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes thats the jeep. I was just looking to see if anyone had a set of stock laying around that were still good

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,754 Posts
Go to a junkyard or nab a set of stock XJ packs on here. Cut eyes off and add in place of the bottom 3 leaves that are in your current pack. Buy new 5/16" center pins and spring clamps. IMHO it will be the easiest thing for ya.

Your springs in your avitar look shot! If you replace the rest of the pack with a whole XJ pack it will brace your top leaf and might even give you a little lift. The reason I don't recommend removing your main leaf is your spring eye bolts are probably seized and will break on you if you try to remove them. I did this to mine with positive results.

a better description can be found here.
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info I'll check some bone yards but still want to replace the whole pack . I'll deal with the bolts and buy new ones . my stock pack have reverse ache real bad

·
Big S.O.B
39 Posts
I had a set of 3" lift full packs built for my 93 and never used them. Shelby Spring and Tire built them for me. $50 and they are yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts