Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished our long-armed Grand. We used 2"x32" solid bar (1018) for the lower control arms front and 2" x 41" solid 1018 for the rear lower & upper control arms. The front upper we welded the existing arms to the lowers.
The coils in front are Rusty's 8.5" XJ coils and Skyjacker 8"coils in rear with 3"spacers f/r. The steering will be modified using 3/4" heims as well as 14.5"Procomp ES9000's at all 4 corners. Overall lift is 12".
pics here:
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd86/rockrat1970

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
Not Bashing you here...but why do you need 12" of lift? I'm at 7.5" roughly running tall 36" Iroks with room to spare. Koz is running about 7-8" of lift with 39.5" tires. Niether one of us were afraid of the sawzall tho'.

12" lift just seems way tall for a ZJ. I would like to see a shot of the entire jeep.

But then again mine doesn't leave the driveway...so i probably could of put the 36's on with stock lift and been fine:tonka:

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
I'll get the pic of the entire jeep on here, we didn't trim any fenders.
I'm 6'6" and with 31's on it, the hood is chest high. My wife is 5'4" and looks into the side mirrors eye level.
Wow, 12" of lift to clear 31's. You know with a 1.75" spacer lift you could of fit 31's easily:poke:

·
Yooper In Training
7,261 Posts
Not Bashing you here...but why do you need 12" of lift? I'm at 7.5" roughly running tall 36" Iroks with room to spare. Koz is running about 7-8" of lift with 39.5" tires. Niether one of us were afraid of the sawzall tho'.

12" lift just seems way tall for a ZJ. I would like to see a shot of the entire jeep.

But then again mine doesn't leave the driveway...so i probably could of put the 36's on with stock lift and been fine:tonka:
x2

The fab work/welding looks damn nice, but that much lift for 35s is ridiculous. That COG is gonna be terrible. I'd like to see pics of the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll be posting them tonight when I get home
the pic of the whole grand is tsunami004, click on it and it'll come up-for some reason at first it looks like it didn't load but it's there.:sonicjay:

damn slow dial up--24bpm:tonka:

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
the pic of the whole grand is tsunami004, click on it and it'll come up-for some reason at first it looks like it didn't load but it's there.:sonicjay:

damn slow dial up--24bpm:tonka:
I'm lazy and so is roadhouse, so here's the pic

BTw I think you need more lift.

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,014 Posts
nice, but WAY TO TALL!!!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
get some bigger tires on there, and it will be sweet!

You should have moved that rear axle back 6" though.
we cycled it through and the axle just misses the gas tank at full stuff:thumb:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts