Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Size Matters (.)(.)
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a D44 and I am trying to install a lockrite into it and it physically wont fit though either opening of the carrier, WTF???? I have installed one of these before in my D30 (that one was easy), but this one just wont go. It's like the OEM didn't cut away enough material out of the openings (in the corners specifically) to allow it to slide in. I have the splined pieces in place in the carrier (top and bottom), it's the middle two pieces with the springs that wont go. Can I grind down the carrier a bit so it can slide through?

·
Well versed in TTB
32 Posts
Yeah, sometimes grinding is the only answer... I believe it's also written in the instructions... from what manufacturer, I'm not too sure. But only grind enough to allow the pieces to go in.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
are you trying to put both center pieces and the springs in all at once? usually I install them one side at a time and then the springs. The opening should be plenty big enough for that. take a pic.

·
Size Matters (.)(.)
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you trying to put both center pieces and the springs in all at once? usually I install them one side at a time and then the springs. The opening should be plenty big enough for that. take a pic.
I tried that also. The opening was just too small. I did end up grinding so it would just fit. Like I said I did one on a D30 and it poped in fine, that is why I was confused.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.