Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help deciding what locker to put in my rear dana 60.. i have 30 spline shafts and 4.10 gears. I'm mostly a pavement pounder. but i like to hit every trail i see and need something thats gonna lock up as soon as the tires start to slip and then unlock when i get back driving.. i use to have one exactly like that but i changed axles and don't know what it was but i loved it.. I'm not really wanting to run an air locker or electric.. but any help would be greatly appreciated..i know nothing about this.. thank you in advance

·
Yankabilly
7,944 Posts
detroit locker

·
Yankabilly
7,944 Posts
yep

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i agree!!

wouldnt a limited slip be more what he is looking for for a mostly pavement driven rig...

i have a "posi" right now.. but it dosn't really do what i like. rather have something thats ment for off road..

But how much should that locker cost and where else can i get it?

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
i have a "posi" right now.. but it dosn't really do what i like. rather have something thats ment for off road..

I would try calling the guy that said it was to much. :sonicjay:

FWIW I love my Detroit. Locks up when I need it to and works great on my DD rig.

·
welfare wheeler
6,989 Posts

call jeepers creepers! he just built my ford 9 inch super cheap. you cant touch his prices.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Lowfullsize, just an FYI that the Detroit locker has some different characteristics on the street compared to a limited slip or open diff. Here is some good information about Detroits, see the fourth paragraph down for handling issues: http://www.offroaders.com/tech/Detroit-Locker-automatic-lockers.htm

The Detroit is a sturdy locker that works well, though it has its trade-offs. Once you get used to the way it behaves on the street and adjust your driving style accordingly its not a big deal, but you will know it is there every time you drive the truck. Just something to be aware of.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts