Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a snap on tool box and the lock fell out of the hole and it’s locked. Any suggestions on how I can get it open without damaging it too much. TIA.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,693 Posts
Should be able to get a screw driver in there and turn it; that's all the lock does is turn the lever.....though that is coming from no experience with tool box locks, just locks in general for like a filing cabinet and truck topper.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,873 Posts
interesting first post with a just now join date... lol.

I would call Snappy. I'm sure they have a way to get in without tearing the box up, plus you'd be able to get a replacement lock at the same time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
interesting first post with a just now join date... lol.

I would call Snappy. I'm sure they have a way to get in without tearing the box up, plus you'd be able to get a replacement lock at the same time.
I did text my snap on guy he hasn’t hit me back. This is my tool box at home and I was trying to avoid any extra fees if I can. Already paying for the box itself

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should be able to get a screw driver in there and turn it; that's all the lock does is turn the lever.....though that is coming from no experience with tool box locks, just locks in general for like a filing cabinet and truck topper.
Right but I was told the lock is in the back of the box. So I would need a long screw driver. And that would be hard to do without breaking at least one row open.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,873 Posts
Hopefully he gets back to you and is willing to go to your house and help. Could always try contacting a local locksmith as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hopefully he gets back to you and is willing to go to your house and help. Could always try contacting a local locksmith as well.
Right but before I try contacting him again I was gonna try and do a little diy first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts