Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if liquor is cheaper in Indiana than it is in Michigan?
I need to buy a few fifths of vodka to make jell-o shots for the Pig Gig. I'll be at my sister's in Ft Wayne this weekend so I thought if it is cheaper in IN, I would stock up. I was also thinking of stocking up on beer since it's cheaper down there, no deposit, but then you have to deal with empty beer cans/bottles afterwards. Anybody know?

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
Yes it is cheaper in Indiana. But the fines for transporting it accross the state line make up for the money you cheated the state out of.

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
yea fines suck...

One time when in Indiana i bought a pack of smokes. I started smoking and crossed into MI, no sooner had i crossed the state line i was pulled over for smokeing Indiana cig's. I was promptly fined for crossing state lines with Indiana smokes. It sucked.

·
sie sehen mich rollin ...
3,316 Posts
yep....I bought it at a liquor store in cali.....
and you can get "everclear" in michigan as well, it is just 151 not the 190 stuff

·
Sinister Minister
2,269 Posts
Yes it is cheaper in Indiana. But the fines for transporting it accross the state line make up for the money you cheated the state out of.
You have to have a permit! :sonicjay:

It is cheaper, but not that much cheaper. But if you are going to be there anyways, I would recomend purchasing your liquor there.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You going to call the po po on her or what :tonka:

If not then Who gives a shit?
x2??????
I guess I didn't realize it was illegal to transport liquor over states lines.

How can they tell if it was purchased in Michigan over Indiana? I could've purchased it in MI, took it down there to have some fun, then brought it back home?
Plus it'd be in the trunk and they'd have to have a search warrant to search it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I know the cigaretts have a state seal on the bottom on the packs. I think the liquor bottles might have something similiar

·
Sinister Minister
2,269 Posts
x2??????
I guess I didn't realize it was illegal to transport liquor over states lines.

How can they tell if it was purchased in Michigan over Indiana? I could've purchased it in MI, took it down there to have some fun, then brought it back home?
Plus it'd be in the trunk and they'd have to have a search warrant to search it.
Even if that were the case, you have taken liquor over the state lines from Michigan to Indiana. So, technically it is still against the law. I think there is a limit on how much you can bring back, but I'm not sure what it is.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts