Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Wasn't this attached?
4,125 Posts
really had no idea to many crashes or the tree huggers?
I believe a little of both, along with too many retarded wheelers abusing the area.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
Funny, I read the thread title and thought the Detroit Lions were supporting Moab in some way, then got worried that we would lose that too.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
the land it is on was sold and the new owner closed it. He may be a tree hugger though too but it was probably a liability issue.
x2

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
it's cool to do, but nothing exciting unless you're afraid of heights.

the scenery is beautiful in Moab (wheeled there twice) and I'll go back again!!

the wheelin is good too :naughty:

they are correct in saying it's closed due to new owner. dump bump is closed as well (the better entrance to Hells Revenge)

·
JeepJohnson
678 Posts
I went up (and down) it back in 01 with my 67 CJ (see Avatar)

Actually, I did it twice, the first time I forgot my camera, down at the bottom, so I had to get the camera and do it again. It was intense to say the least, going up all you see is the sky and going down all I thought of was, "I hope this thing doesn't pop out of gear". At the top where you turn around was very narrow, so I pulled my coil wire off and used the starter to do a 20 point u-turn...

·
Get Up and Go
2,575 Posts
Was in early 2007 I think, or late 2006.

The story, as I remember it:

The land was owned by the Utah Schools (wahtever state wide organization that controls schools there). It had been leased and that leasee had opened it for wheeling. Utah Schools sold the land to a developer who instends to put in Condo's.

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
I went up (and down) it back in 01 with my 67 CJ (see Avatar)

Actually, I did it twice, the first time I forgot my camera, down at the bottom, so I had to get the camera and do it again. It was intense to say the least, going up all you see is the sky and going down all I thought of was, "I hope this thing doesn't pop out of gear". At the top where you turn around was very narrow, so I pulled my coil wire off and used the starter to do a 20 point u-turn...
Awesome. I thought that was Lion's Back in your avatar. :thumb:

I'd heard the same thing about the condos. The whole development thing irritates me to no end.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.