Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Geocacher!!!!!!!!!!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. so, I got this used router.
Thought I hooked it up right but no internet.
Did I miss something??

cable from the P.C. to port #1 on router.
cable from my DSL modem to internet port on router.
plug them both in to wall outlet.
waited for them both to boot up.............

No internet

·
Geocacher!!!!!!!!!!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No wired internet.
havn't tried the wireless yet (daughter is on her way home from Western tonight with her laptop).

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
try unplugging the router and the modem and let them both reset, if you haven't already done that. may want to try a different port on the router just in case its screwed up, my linksys has a bad port on it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
yeah you have to resest the modem while the router is hooked up, because the modem has a security feature to where it only allows the ip address it is connected to, to work. So just have your router connected to the modem and plugged in, then reset the modem. To reset the modem, just hold the reset button for 30 sec or if it doesnt have the reset button, just unplug it for a couple minutes

·
Geocacher!!!!!!!!!!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
try unplugging the router and the modem and let them both reset, if you haven't already done that. may want to try a different port on the router just in case its screwed up, my linksys has a bad port on it.
Unplugged both and plugged back in and pushed the reset button on back of router.
Also tried all of the ports on the router.

·
Geocacher!!!!!!!!!!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
194 Posts
Check out page 13 of the manual. I'd also check out Chapter 6 on page 14, see if you can log into it and check out the settings.

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
type in 192.168.1.1 into your browser and see if a password box pops up, this will at least tell u if your connected to the router.

·
Geocacher!!!!!!!!!!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
194 Posts
Read page 45 of manual, it says if your power light is flashing, your firmware is hosed....you'll have to try and reflash it. Power light should be solid.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Be careful if you try to flash the firmware, if it's done wrong, you can really screw up the unit if it's not already been done.

·
Geocacher!!!!!!!!!!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Went throught the set up on the control panel and nothing is working.
I wonder if the unit is toast.

I did notice that when I switch the cables, the Ethernet light on the modem goes out.

Power light on the router is still blinking.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts