Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded the new version of Limewire and I do not like it the search functions they are not like the old one. Is the paid version any better? or should I look at a different service? I like being able to search different kinds of music with out the song title. Unless I am just missing something?

·
Something Clever
2,399 Posts
download the paid version...see if you like it, if not, go back to the free version or go with a different site

PS, you can download the paid version for free on the free version

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I switched to MP3 Suite. I think I'm paying $1/month for it. I was using www.legalsounds.com which is out of Russia and always found whatever I was looking for for .09 per song. When I sent $25 in advance I'd get a few hundred songs for free. I still have .12 in my account and can't decide what song to buy....

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i use frost wire, i like it better then lime wire
Will see if I like it

download the paid version...see if you like it, if not, go back to the free version or go with a different site

:thumb:

I switched to MP3 Suite. I think I'm paying $1/month for it. I was using www.legalsounds.com which is out of Russia and always found whatever I was looking for for .09 per song. When I sent $25 in advance I'd get a few hundred songs for free. I still have .12 in my account and can't decide what song to buy....
Will look into it :thumb:

·
3,591 Posts

I tried to do that a while back and didn't make any progress.

any pointers?

·
Let's Go Red Wings!
761 Posts
If they are the free versions, I don't imagine they would come after you, since they are not asking you to pay when you down load. It would be different if they were asking you to pay and you circumvented the process at that point. And anyway they aren't looking to nail the little guy downloading for his own listening enjoyment, they want the people who make profits by selling pirate cd's taken from their sites.

Anyway, Soulseek seems to be the best one i've found. You can find way just about any track you want from the artist you like, instead of just the basic stuff you find on limewire. Kind of like HD or Sirius vs WCSX/regular radio.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you can search by genre. i have been using limewire for 5 years and it has not changed at all, other than the appearance
I have been to but I had to reformat and downloaded the new version 5 and I do not see how to do that ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts