Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LIGHTS ON.....9/11

PLEASE forward this email to everyone. Please join us on 9/11. We have over two weeks to get
the word out all across this great land we love and call the United
States of America. Let's see how powerful e-mail can be!

On Tuesday, September 11, 2007 everyone in the USA who
will be driving a motor vehicle is asked to drive with their headlights
on during daylight hours. Though no explanation is needed as to why we
are commemorating September 11, we hope more importantly to pay
respect to the victims of that day, show our nation's solidarity and
show support for our men and women of the Armed Forces.
You can help by sending this e-mail on to others!

REMEMBER!

LIGHTS ON.....9/11

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
i don't get it.........how the hell are headlights going to benefit anybody.

and how do daytime running lights figure into that??? 1/2 the vehicles on the road now have daytime running lights. so how does that work if the lights are on, but the person either doesn't know about the 9/11 thing, or doesn't care. does that still count???

i really don't mean to sound like an asshole, but why does it seem that when people try to come up with stuff to "remember" or "benefit" or whatever else falling people/soldiers of so and so, they always do something that doesn't really help/benefit anybody. how about commemorating "the fallen" by helping and supporting the once that are still alive.

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
headlights arent going to benefit anyone... however those that know just show that we have not forgotten the losses we endured that day.

Why do we celebrate George Washington day or any other holiday, does it benefit George?

You sir are an idiot.

A better question would be what harm would putting on your headlights for a day be...

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
i don't get it.........how the hell are headlights going to benefit anybody.

and how do daytime running lights figure into that??? 1/2 the vehicles on the road now have daytime running lights. so how does that work if the lights are on, but the person either doesn't know about the 9/11 thing, or doesn't care. does that still count???

i really don't mean to sound like an asshole, but why does it seem that when people try to come up with stuff to "remember" or "benefit" or whatever else falling people/soldiers of so and so, they always do something that doesn't really help/benefit anybody. how about commemorating "the fallen" by helping and supporting the once that are still alive.
Because this country allows you to make stupid comments like this without fear of getting your tongue cut off :miff:

·
Blowd up
6,335 Posts
headlights arent going to benefit anyone... however those that know just show that we have not forgotten the losses we endured that day.

Why do we celebrate George Washington day or any other holiday, does it benefit George?

You sir are an idiot.

A better question would be what harm would putting on your headlights for a day be...
Not rolling with either side here, but GW day is just one of those national holidays where 99% of all people are just happy to get a day off work or whatever. I doubt there is much celebrating or remembrance going on.

·
Its tough out there.
2,754 Posts
i wonder if part of the idea behind the lights is because emergency vehcles probably had to drive with thier lights on after the towers fell just to see through the dust?

we may never know

·
No Money = No Fun
7,898 Posts
i wonder if part of the idea behind the lights is because emergency vehcles probably had to drive with thier lights on after the towers fell just to see through the dust?

we may never know
Hmm, that is a very good point. That could have something to do with it.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,754 Posts
Does this mean if we all don't stop at a gas station too the price of gas will go down? Also how would this effect diesel and propane?

·
Its tough out there.
2,754 Posts
im gona have my flag from my deployment on my jeep too

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
wait wait, i have a better one, to show respect for everything, on 9/11 let's all wear pants... it'll be great.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I hate crap like this. I drive 100% of the time with my headlights on anyways, I don't want to look like someone who read some stupid 12 year olds internet forward bullshit and is supporting it.

Guess I gotta keep my lights off that day.

-Brandon

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
I'm not sure if it is just me or what but I think that 9/11 has been commercialized a bit too much yes we have pearl harbor day but there isn't Oklahoma City day people don't talk about about it much alot of people died then too Pretty soon somebody is going to try and make 9/11 a national Holiday. It was 6 years ago people many many people died but do you think it help children with no fathers to keep reminding them of how they lost a parent and shove the anniversary of their parent's death down their throat? I'm sure that there are many people in the US and New York especially that would like to forget 9/11

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts

·
Blowd up
6,335 Posts
I'm not sure if it is just me or what but I think that 9/11 has been commercialized a bit too much yes we have pearl harbor day but there isn't Oklahoma City day people don't talk about about it much alot of people died then too Pretty soon somebody is going to try and make 9/11 a national Holiday. It was 6 years ago people many many people died but do you think it help children with no fathers to keep reminding them of how they lost a parent and shove the anniversary of their parent's death down their throat? I'm sure that there are many people in the US and New York especially that would like to forget 9/11
121 words in only three sentences. :woot:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I agree. I also think the lights on thing is completely stupid and since it has no official author claiming it's origin I won't be doing it unless I happen to ride my Motorcycle. If we are going to find every lame thing to do to memorialize that day we still have few other options.

Instead I will do the one thing I have always done which is fly my American Flag. :usa:

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
All women should go topless and display some twin towers on 9/11!! :woot:

Who's with me?? :sonicjay:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts