Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 2000. i was surprised with the lift i got out of the 3.5 im happy just how it sits, i hope the springs don't settle to much.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Looks good! That's where I started 5 years ago, a RE 3.5 Super Flex kit and it was great! Now I'm up to 6 inches and 33's. Gotta love the blue XJ's with black wheels:thumb:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Here's an old poser shot of when I had the 3.5 on just to show you what it will do. Those are 31x10.5 mud terrains.

·
And yet another Heap.....
935 Posts
My 3.5 RE lift ended up at almost 4.50" in the back and shade over 4" in the front when it was new. The rear settled about 1/2" and same with the front. I put a winch bumper and winch on the front and loaded the back with the spare, tools, etc. and I'm still at about 3.5" in the front and 4" in the rear. You are gonna love it!

Oh yeah, blue XJs and black steelies look nice, but don't forget about us aluminum wheel guys!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys! lookin at the pics just reminded me to ask what did you guys use to get the glue from the side moldings off?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I used a heat gun and just peeled as much off with my fingers as I could. LOL, there's no good way to say it, but I just kinda "rubbed it off"! And I wiped off the rest of the adhesive with lacquer thinner and a rag. I think it looks way better with the moldings off.

Blue Thunder, Camo, and Blakemore, you should come out to the Mounds on Feb. 28 for the Chili Run and have a blue XJ show of force! I'll be there.

·
And yet another Heap.....
935 Posts
Not to side track.......but......I've never actually been to the Mounds and I've been wanting to head up there with a group. What's the cost (minus gas to get up there) for the day? Normally, money isn't an issue, but I'm on an 8 week possibly longer 'unemployed stint' right now.

And yeah, I think I'm gonna have to take my moulding off now....thanks for the next project Blakemore00XJ....

·
10 0011 10101
2,336 Posts
its a 2000. i was surprised with the lift i got out of the 3.5 im happy just how it sits, i hope the springs don't settle to much.
Looks good! If you like the way the rear sits, I'll cancel the appointment with the fat guy to bounce on the rear bumper! :teehee:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha ya no need jason! I plan on going to the mounds the 28th, I just really wanted to do a sye first.. we got my t/c drop in and it vibrates very little now you cant even really notice it. also, I have a 231 t/c and it goes into 4hi but it wont shift into 4lo.. now i know its because of the drop but do you guys think it will hurt any thing the way it sits right now to take it off road? i really don't plan on getting crazy with it and im doing a sye probably beginning of march but i did want to make it to the mounds. thanks guys!

·
MMM Shrimp Slushy
1,980 Posts
I'v got 4.5" of lift on mine and no SYE I've wheeled the crap out of it in the dunes, mud and on top of cars. The only time I had a problem was when I had a shorter driveshaft and it pulled out of the slip yoke and set my air bags off. OOPS. I say maroon with aluminum wheels look the best.

·
Registered
710 Posts
yeah for sure blue cherokees wheelin with black rims
i have no sye either and no problems at all on my 4.5
look forward to seeing you guys at chili run
but what its really about is blue cherokees with tan interior

1 - 18 of 18 Posts