Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of putting a lift on my 93 xj. The rear is done and i have moved on to the front. I was told to do all i had to do was pull the shock and disconnect the sway bar abd it should drop down. I did that and it hasn't dropped enough to get the coil out. Do i need a spring compressor or disconnect the arms to let it drop more? This is the first lift i have ever attempted to install and not all clear on what needs to be done. The new coils are an inch and half to two inches taller. But i also have coil spacer i need to get back in there. The total lift should be around four inches. any advise is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
mudrunner456:

If you are still working on this you can use our instruction sheets posted on our website for reference. Most 3" lifts are the same on the market as far as the install goes. Most likely your track bar is holding you up at this point. Disconnecting that as well as your drag link from the pitman arm will allow more axle droop. Speaking of track bars, with 4" of lift you are going to have to address your axle alignment by either relocating your stock track bar or investing in a new adjustable one (recommended) if you haven't already done so. Here is a link to our instruction sheet for reference if you need it- http://www.bds-suspension.com/pdfs/034301-014302.pdf Pretty basic as you already know.

Feel free to PM me if you need anymore help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts