Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:sonicjay: ... no, not because it would serve as evidence ....

I bought a new .22 pistol a couple years ago. It was an early model from a highly regarded company. It turned out to be a not-so-great design though. Even after sending it back for warranty work, its got issues.

I wouldn't sell a junker to a friend or someone I knew.
I wouldn't sell a junker through a forum, because I don't want to be known as the guy that sells junk.

Some people have told me to go trade it in for credit on a new gun. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I know someone else is eventually going to end up with that junk, and they are going to be just as disappointed in it as me.

What would you do?

... this is the part where you encourage me to trade it in and never think about it again..... caveat emptor

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you guys didn't even read the post, did you?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I'm not saying that i have ever done this but
hike deep into the woods (no where near were you live)
dig a hole at least 6' deep
ditch gun
cover all tracks with leaves

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you sell it somewhere, for a price that is reflective of the quality of the gun, and give your best information on it, you won't look bad.
Do you know where I can find a buyer that would be interested in a pistol that fails to eject about one of five shots, fails to fire about one of ten, and fails to feed about one of twenty?

42,948 Posts
Marsellus: You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the motherfucker. Go back in there, chill them ******* out and wait for the Wolf, who should be coming directly.
Jules: You sending the Wolf??
Marsellus: Oh, you feel better, motherfucker?
Jules: Shit, *****, that's all you had to say.

·
cheese
749 Posts
Do you know where I can find a buyer that would be interested in a pistol that fails to eject about one of five shots, fails to fire about one of ten, and fails to feed about one of twenty?
Walther p22?
Pm me if you don't want to trash the manufacturer out in the open.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Walther p22?
Pm me if you don't want to trash the manufacturer out in the open.
Sig Mosquito

It was one of the first couple thousand to come off the line. It worked fine for about the first 2000 rounds. After that, it started to suck at firing and stuff.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts