Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a replacement for the stock fog lights in a Jeep WK. The route i'm going I can't use the stock ones so I'm going to upgrade to a good set of LEDs.

I would like something that I can use while driving with oncomming traffic, just like stock fog lights. They don't need to be specifically Fog lights, but something that is still going to help with lighting the road and fog. Not sure if driving lights would really be much different.

Not sure which brand LEDs are the best for the $$ or if they're mostly the same. I would like something around 3.5". I know everyone and their brother makes LED lights, but sorting out the junk ones from the not is the question.

Any preferences?

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Inb4yougetwhatyoupayfor
So, are $500 LEDs really that much better than $200 ones?

What about $10 LEDs; are they better than $15 ones?

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You pay for quality control.
So is there a brand that is good to look at, or really just the more costly lights? Brands don't matter

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well, consider country of manufacture first.
Most anything made in China and sold stateside will have a decent markup because 'merica.
So if you're buying chinese shit, buy it from china.
I know I have seen USA made LED products, but I can't recall any brands.

my 2cents

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,044 Posts
Well, consider country of manufacture first.
Most anything made in China and sold stateside will have a decent markup because 'merica.
So if you're buying chinese shit, buy it from china.
I know I have seen USA made LED products, but I can't recall any brands.

my 2cents
Not all China LED is the same. A 20" Ebay special weighs about half what a Rough Country one does. Have yet to warrant a set af Rough Country lights other than when a customer got some sort of chemical on it and faded the lens after 6 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts