Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greasemonkey selling his motorcycle for cash got me thinking, what's the largest cash transaction you have ever made?

I bought my Jeep for 12G cash. I didn't actually hand him the cash, he owed Chrysler, so I had to Western Union the money to them. But I had the actual cash in my hand. It was kinda cool holding a wad worth that much.

Actual cash transactions, I have been in the 8G range. I had a dealer from Ohio come up to buy my Ranger and he had a wad of cash. He was going to buy 4 vehicles and haul them back to Ohio.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
I bought my last truck with $6500 in cash. I did not know what truck to buy, so I just took the money and went shopping! Came home that night with a steal of a deal and an empty pocket.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,056 Posts
I have spent 2,000 and have received 3,500 before, funny thing is it was the same vehicle I just got a helluva a deal on it.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Guy I worked with bought his 327 cobra replica in cash. $32k, chuck said the guy was starting to rethink the idea of selling the car, so he handed to money to his wife.

Most I have had in hand is around $2700, biggest transaction is maybe $200-$300.

·
Pickup Agent
2,094 Posts
Back in 1991, we sold our double wide trailer house, and put the money down on an old farm. $12,500.00 dollars cash. Seemed pretty wierd, walking into the closing at Second National, downtown Saginaw, with a pocket full-o-cash.

·
Mall Crawler
2,632 Posts
$10k for a convertible camaro when I was 18. I was nervous as hell driving around town with a pocket bulging with hundreds.

I have yet to hold $10k in my hand since.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
My dad bought a superduty that had came up off of a lease (a guy from work had it) and since he had a pile of money cus my rents had just got devorced and mom got the house my dad paid in full for it. Something around $25k

·
Banned
20,292 Posts

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts
that's a nice stick, well worth the cash. i always pay cash for guns, if possible.
Don't you do your gun deals in the glory hole stall at the interstate rest areas?:teehee:

·
Mall Crawler
2,632 Posts
My dad bought a superduty that had came up off of a lease (a guy from work had it) and since he had a pile of money cus my rents had just got devorced and mom got the house my dad paid in full for it. Something around $25k
I have a friend who's grandparents are "old fashioned." They live on a working farm, and keep all their assets on their property. One day, he decided his 85 dodge was just too old, so he went into the ford dealer, pointed out a new F350 super duty, and proceeded to empty his pockets of cash. I wasnt there, but my friend said the dealers eyes were about to fall out as his grandfather piled stacks of hundreds on his desk.

Whats a diesel ford cost now? Like $40k?

·
USMC
1,379 Posts
Sold my jeep $3500 cash. Actually since I was laid up a another member on this site sold it for me . After the sale I stopped and the guy hands me a wad of cash . I tried to offer him some cash for helping me out but he refused. So I just took the cash and stuck it in my pocket. Didn't even count it. The guy kind of gave a funny look for not counting it but I did quite a few deals with him over a years time . My wife couldn't believe I did not count it before I left but I didn't even think twice. I was in a bad spot and the guy would hardly take a thanks. I owe the guy big time but I doubt he would ever let me return the favor. The thing is I have been off work with an injury for a year and he was about the only person who stepped up and helped me out.

·
MichiganRednecks
425 Posts
I had a 69 camaro 10.5" nmca super street car.. I beg borrowed and worked my butt off to get the money for the car.. The guy that bought it came with his wife and her huge arse purse.. Filled with 50000.00 cash.. It was a joke when I was talking to him when he looked at it and I said BRING CASH.. he took it literal and refinaced the house and took out 50g's.. Best part is when you take 50'gs to the bank to deposit it they ask you all sorts of questions and make you fill out a ton of paperwork

1 - 20 of 57 Posts