Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a new lap top. Don't really know what I should be looking for. All I need it to do is be fast, have wireless, be able to run active GPS mapping software and have a loud speaker. Oh, and alot of space to store p0rn0. Price range anywhere between 500.00 and 1,000.00. What do you guys recommend?
Ps. Not really a Mac/Apple guy.

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know. Sell it for 500-1000 and you got a deal. :naughty:

·
Registered
5,719 Posts

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Don't buy laptops off Newegg. Tried that once. Man was that a nightmare. Much happier going to BestBuy. And whatever you buy, make sure you got an extra copy of XP lying around to give it a good clean wipe to get rid of the venomous Vista. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
roflmao!. stay the hell out of bestbuy for computers. You can get pretty sweet acer's dirt cheap off tiger direct believe it or not. the hassle with laptops is how to get support for when they break. thats why the dell's run as much as they do. they're the same price product just with alot of support cost overhead. what you want is at least a 2ghz dual core or 3ghz single core with preferably 2gb of ram, but can get by with 1gb of ram. drivespace is just however much you think you'll fill.

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
I am looking to buy a new lap top. Don't really know what I should be looking for. All I need it to do is be fast, have wireless, be able to run active GPS mapping software and have a loud speaker. Oh, and alot of space to store p0rn0. Price range anywhere between 500.00 and 1,000.00. What do you guys recommend?
Ps. Not really a Mac/Apple guy.
check out www.tigerdirect.com

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That the other thing... I need it by monday.. I will probley end up at Circuit city or Best Buy... What should I look for?

·
Boost Withdrawl
2,706 Posts
That the other thing... I need it by monday.. I will probley end up at Circuit city or Best Buy... What should I look for?
Make sure you like the screen. go higher res if you can. I have a 1200x1900 WS Dell thats 3 years old now. It runs every bit as fast as I need it to be, the screen is like high def for computers, and it has XP. I see no need to buy a new laptop until this thing flat out dies.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Other than ram/hard drive space...they are fairly similar. Just depends on what big name packages up the generic parts and puts their case on it.

Compare the storage space - if you plan to dl music/movies/high megapixel photos - you will obviously want a large hard drive (80GB+)

You can never have too much RAM either. With Vista, 1GB or ram is the BARE minimum to run it soothly.

Oh yea, and get a DVD burner. They are standard on most machines, but not *all*. You may think you might not use it often...but when you need it, you will be glad you got one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts