Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in no way computer savvy....

But if i was to get a newer lap top and i only really use a computer for interent and storing pics and making videos etc...

What would a decent one cost me?

Just a ball park, nothing fancy :blah:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
just picked up an ibook (g3 500) last night for 100 bucks. Has the basics for browsing, email, etc.
12" screen, DVD drive, does everything I need it to (browsing w/ it now)
Cool little notebook!
If you just need the basics, no reason to get a loaded, brand new top of the line copmputer.

·
Premium Member
22,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wheres a good place to buy one?

Last comp we bought was from best buy, it was an okay expeirence.......on the west side

·
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
2,278 Posts
I just got a dell from best buy for $600. Fast enough for any photo editing or movie making with a 320gb hard drive to store it all. Works well so far. Vista doesn't seem to be that much different than XP besides little bells and whistles.

·
Reed my teef
2,723 Posts
I just got a sweet toshiba, for 6 bills at best buy. Its got vista,cool speakers, bright lights, and a lot of usb ports. And wireless. Good buy I thought.

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
I usually go for the refurbs on Tiger Direct, you get a little better machine for the price.

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
www.deals2buy.com or www.slickdeals.net

browse each site for a week or three and then choose the highest optioned, under $500 delivered laptop you find.

I personally would go with something from Dell small business and go with the free installed downgrade to windows xp pro instead of the steaming turd/resource hog that is vista.

else, if you addicted to candy assed graphics, and "cool looking" graphical interfaces pick up a 2nd hand mac.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
http://www.woot.com/
This deal will only be up for a day! It's a good deal though.

HP Pavilion 17" AMD Dual-Core 2.1GHz Entertainment Notebook
$549.99
+ $5 shipping
Condition: Refurbished Product: 1 HP dv7-1245dx AMD Dual-Core 2.1 GHz 17” 4GB DDR2

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
woot is tempting.. most people are saying its a good computer and price. some say bad things about it..
looks tempting....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts