Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the kubota is back to work . Took a few photos because i have never worked on one of these before and thought it was a rather interesting set up . Its not complicated but its different then autos for sure .

Pile of parts that make up the front drive set up

This is Kubotas version of a unibearing

This gives you an idea how the shaft gear set up works . The bottom of the shaft there is another small gear the runs the ring gear on the unibearing .

Look its allllll more gooder :d:

Something the average auto guy never dicks with so i thought some may find it interesting . By the way , this thing uses udt 134 < hydrulic fluid every where except for engine oil . Seems alittle thin to me but what do i know .

This little project was due to the outer race on a ball bearing splitting in half . Perhaps a little to much load on the front :tonka:

·
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
3,217 Posts
interesting

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's about all I could think of for a response.

Take those outers and mate them to an other axle?
It would be very fisible to do . The orginal axel would have to be machined for that gear to slide on . I have no idea what there strength is . this is only a 23 hp tractor .

Some where i have seen a 4x4 using the hole front end out of a tractor before . Id think something a tough bigger like 50 hp tractor front would hold up .

·
Premium Member
22,634 Posts
Perhaps a little to much load on the front :tonka:
that wouldn't be caused by a Red Ford explorer would it :tonka:

you gonna have that thing ready and operational for me a tthe pig gig :naughty: i may need it to get me out:miff:

( nobody got a pic of you assisting my explorer from one of the holes with the Kubota)

or a orange and black explorer :tonka:

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HA HA ya i think lifting explorers up may come under the heading of a bit much for the L 235 :sonicjay:

Yes it went back to work this afternoon .:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts