Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So we are thinking about painting our cabinets, getting new doors with frosted class and new countertops. A new door can be had for roughly $30.

I've heard a few good stories about painting cabinets but just wanted to get some opinions. We are going with a dark red color if we do proceed.

So . . . yeah, give me your thought :woot:

Picture of our current 1970s vintage kitchen.

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
whatever you do, don't get rid of the avacodo!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
If you are selling your house - Modern sells so I was informed once by a friend that is real good at selling houses.

You could keep the cupboard doors - just change the location of the handle and make it a button (lower corner). Match the color close to your appliances - so if you dont like green much - you might consider changing them out.

The rest looks good.

As I type this my 15 year old son walks by and loved your kitchen as it is.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
If you paint the cabinets dark I think you will regret it later. I personally would paint them light cream and do a dark accent of some sort.

My aunt painted her cabinets with the ceramic paint and loves them. MudGrl did also i think.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you paint the cabinets dark I think you will regret it later. I personally would paint them light cream and do a dark accent of some sort.

My aunt painted her cabinets with the ceramic paint and loves them. MudGrl did also i think.
with a nice light tile and light color walls I think it'll POP!! and looks sweet or atleast good :sonicjay:

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IF I was single, I'd keep it the way it is. But, alas, no woman would ever put up with something like that.

It's kickass in a Retro way. Remember, what's old is new again.
NO NO NO . . . people keep telling me that, can you tell? :sonicjay:

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
if you are not selling it do what you want. I do like the frosted glass though.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
yep, do it repaint them and put new hardware on. It'll be night and day difference also if you do a tile backsplash it's really easy, cheap and looks good.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is this the .. "okay hunny let me get the highline kit for our jeep and we can redo the kitchen" remodel?
Actually I have the coolest wife in the world that loves jeeping and the highline kit and has no problem spending the $$ on it.

This is the "okay hunny let me get bigger turbo kit for Mr. Two and we can redo the kitchen"

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
you didn't take that sticker off yet?

·
Livin the American Dream
3,826 Posts
well i work at lowes and could hook you up if you lived closer but since you dont if you go into one buy you and open a commercial credit card they will give you 10% off the whole project and everything delivered for $20...also if you have them call me i will say you were a great contractor that moved down there and tell them to take good care of you. so !0% on counter tops, sink, appliances, flooring adds up to alot of money and the $20 delivery on the whole project saves you a ton also.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i work at lowes and could hook you up if you lived closer but since you dont if you go into one buy you and open a commercial credit card they will give you 10% off the whole project and everything delivered for $20...also if you have them call me i will say you were a great contractor that moved down there and tell them to take good care of you. so !0% on counter tops, sink, appliances, flooring adds up to alot of money and the $20 delivery on the whole project saves you a ton also.
Awesome, looks like I'll be getting a commercial credit card tomorrow. Do you know anything about Siltstone countertops?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts