Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a Tj running a supercharger, instead of the traditional V-8 swap?

If so any problems with it? Any help would be great.

Thanks for the help. Bill

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Anyone with a Tj running a supercharger, instead of the traditional V-8 swap?

If so any problems with it? Any help would be great.

Thanks for the help. Bill
We have a guy in the club who has one on his Rubicon. The only issues I believe he has had is with heat. I am not sure if he has gotten the problem worked out or not. He has all of his work done for him since he isn't mechanical.

·
My name isn't really Bob!
503 Posts
We have a guy in the club who has one on his Rubicon. The only issues I believe he has had is with heat. I am not sure if he has gotten the problem worked out or not. He has all of his work done for him since he isn't mechanical.
Actually Bill, I have one too :thumb: . I use an Eaton supercharger off a Supercoupe. No issues with mine. It makes 6lbs of boost just like the big name suppliers. If your interested I can sell you a kit for half of what they do.:nana:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Guys,

thanks for the info. I e-mailed Kenne belle, you are right as of now they stopped making the kit for the 4.0L... Does anyone else run some other supercharger?? Avenger, or ???

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Actually Bill, I have one too :thumb: . I use an Eaton supercharger off a Supercoupe. No issues with mine. It makes 6lbs of boost just like the big name suppliers. If your interested I can sell you a kit for half of what they do.:nana:

why only 6 lbs? my eaton pushes close to 20

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Hey Guys,

thanks for the info. I e-mailed Kenne belle, you are right as of now they stopped making the kit for the 4.0L... Does anyone else run some other supercharger?? Avenger, or ???
I met a couple guys at camp jeep a few years ago running the Avenger. Heard nothing but great things about it. Hopefully will be doing that to mine a few years down the road.

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
I wheeled with a guy down in Harlen that had one. He said he wished he never spent the money for it.
Useless for wheeling, only benifit was high speed road driving.
I guess it depends what your looking for.

·
503 Posts
why only 6 lbs? my eaton pushes close to 20

Because the motor is basically stock, and isn't made to handle 20lbs of boost. I could easily make 20 lbs of boost, for a short time, then the head gasket would blow out.:miff: Its all about making reliable power.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Because the motor is basically stock, and isn't made to handle 20lbs of boost. I could easily make 20 lbs of boost, for a short time, then the head gasket would blow out.:miff: Its all about making reliable power.

are you running a wastegate on the eaton? Most eatons have no control over how much boost they build, other than pulleys.

·
503 Posts
are you running a wastegate on the eaton? Most eatons have no control over how much boost they build, other than pulleys.
I use a by-pass valve. The valve opens as the throttle closes, such as when you let off the accelerator. This allows the air to recirculate so it won't over-boost. Basically, the amount of boost is controlled by the pulleys.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts