Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Big Belly Customs
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a set of the moose antler looking kayak racks for my XJ and any bike rack that will stuff into a 2" receiver, planning on going to the UP in a few weeks and need a way to transport 2 kayaks and 3 mountain bikes, i am willing to rent/trade/borrow/purchase if need be

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have a sportworks rear bike rack, holds 2 bikes. This is the pre Thule buyout sportworks rack too, so it is so much better than the Thule T2 they make now. I also have a locking hitch pin cable lock to wrap around the bikes. I would like $250 obo for it, so if interested I can get you some pics.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
I am in need of a set of the moose antler looking kayak racks for my XJ and any bike rack that will stuff into a 2" receiver, planning on going to the UP in a few weeks and need a way to transport 2 kayaks and 3 mountain bikes, i am willing to rent/trade/borrow/purchase if need be
Do you have the stock XJ rack? I believe yakima or thule make clamps that will let you mount their shit on the oem stuff. <edit> look for Yakima "mighty mounts" - also check into the "Kayak Stackers"; the work nearly as well as the J-mount stuff I think you want. Benefit is that they're far cheaper - drawback is that you need to spend a bit more time strapping your boats down.
I also have pads and rollers if you decide to go that route:

As far as a rear hitch bike rack - how fancy you need it to be? We could probably make a fairly awesome one for < $100.

pm me with questions if you have them.

·
Big Belly Customs
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bike rack found thanks, probably just gunna strap the shit out of the yaks right onto the stock rack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts