Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
FUCK CANCER!!!
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this 85 Blazer from a guy east of Grand Rapids a week ago. It is originally from New Mexico, he bought it in 06 with out an engine or trans. He dropped a 350 crate engine and a TH350 in it, he has driven it about a 1000 miles since he finished the transplant and it hasn't been registered since 2010.
I just had a baby girl in May with my girlfriend and have had the itch to get back to wheeling so I decided on a nice solid blazer.
Current specs are -
-Crate 350 th350 and 208
-Stock suspension 10 bolt axles w/3.73 gears
-32x11.50 BFG At
Plans are to build a mild rig for the dunes, trails, a lil at R&V, and what ever else comes along.
Upgrades will be 4-6" lift, 35s (possibly MTRs) and a regear to match up with tire change as we will probably drive most everywhere we go.
uploadfromtaptalk1438880407090.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1438880454432.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1438880489698.jpg This thing is Very solid and still sports what I think is the factory paint on the frame.

Attachments

·
It's got a HEMI!
6,563 Posts
When do the tons and irocks go under it?

·
FUCK CANCER!!!
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's a pick of the new to me tires. Planning on having the factory rallies sand blasted and powder coated and mounting the 35s on those.

Went to the dunes Sunday afternoon for a lil shake down run. It did ok but it's a lil gutless unless it's in low range but that will all be addressed in time.

Attachments

·
FUCK CANCER!!!
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Been busy with work, hard to make good progress when I spend 2-3 months out of town at a time for work. But did get the wheels sand blasted and powder coated.

Also ordered some of my suspension patrs.

The front lift springs showed up right after I left for work.

I'm hoping to get home at the end of February and get the suspension installed before I leave again. Also planning on dropping it off for a gear change.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts