Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a 88 blazer with a 4 inch lift 35s with a fuel injected 350 with a sm 465 with new gears and clutch and flywheel installed.. stock 12/10 bolt with 410s and a detriot locker rear...35 baja claws radails... solid body with no rust with a few little surface rust spots.... plans are a 8 inch all spring bds lift and new 38 boggers.... will swap to a d60/14 bolt later once i get tired of break axles... ill post pics of the hillbilly camo paint tommarow and the blazer... it also has tube bumpers that are 6 inch pipe with quater inch walls... built to go...

·
Praise the lowered
2,962 Posts
Sounds awesome,my kind of junk.Camo rules.As soon as I can figure out this whole computer crap I'll post pic's of my junk.

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
12bolt wouldn't of been stock...stock rear axle would be a 10bolt. 4:10s arent stock either:poke:

Is this the Blazer that was for sale on Huron Rd for the last year? If so nice looking truck. Are those real beadlocks on it or fake ones?

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fake bead locks and ya im sure its the same one....

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they use to use 12 bolts on the back of the trucks... i know 410s arent stock... nor is the detroit locker... but yes it is a solid truck and will grow some more

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
I never stopped to look at the truck, but it looked decent from the road. The camo paint job looked alright from a distance.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya its going to get painted like a normal truck... the camo is a good job but im no ta hill billy so its going to get sanded and fix a few spots of surface rust and clean things up a bit...

·
Chillin with the top off.
4,891 Posts
Please explain to me how a truck has no rust but has surface rust?

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
where are the efing pics???????
ill post pics later today with the tires and the blazer... i just bought a new camera today so soon enough now....ive been busy rewiring shit in it and little things.. as well as with school so the pics will be up later today... used the blazer a little bit tonight to pull a few dumb ass friends out in 2wd trucks that got stuck up to the doors... walked them right out..... it feel good to actualy drive the damn thing and give it a little test run on the claws... if mt didnt change the design of their claws i woulda got a bigger set of them...

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please explain to me how a truck has no rust but has surface rust?
you an ass for one

but it only has slight surface rust where it was scratched no holes or flakes... its a michigan rig i think its pretty damn good for around here

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

got the first part will order the bigger lift next week to clear the tires

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got it for 3 grand.. the guy was firm on his price and he had a lot of receipts to prove the work that has been done...sweet rig for the money... drives good and runs great.... the only problem that i have found was a loose front wheel bearing and that is all fixed now.... i will order the lift for it monday and then it will be here tuesday and we will start putting it all together

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the axles with the detroit locker are for sale with good brakes.... i am up grading to 1 ton soon....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts