1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
I don't understand how people think Trump doesn't respect our constitution? Amash made his platform on that belief; I also don't trust him at all with him being one of only 2 independents in congress, who happens to hate trump, and happens to be the only independent to vote for impeachment; and who happens to be spouting the exact same nonsense as the democrats.

That's a mystery who he really is.

·
Yooper In Training
7,057 Posts
Just another RINO. We'll call him little Mitt
The term "RINO" is a perfect example of how mindlessly broken and counterproductive this system is. A moderate from either side is exactly what this country needs. Maybe it'll break up some of the divisiveness and get people to actually work together instead of against one another. The amount of effort both sides put into blocking the other rather than for benefiting the country and citizens is absurd.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Amash, it's just a general statement on how broken our two party system has become.

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Amash is another reason to vote for Trump.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
welfare wheeler
6,990 Posts
No, he quit the republican party.
so he called himself a republican to get elected,
then decided not to work for the people that elected him.
knowing incumbents are hard to remove.

that tells me what i need to know right there. JMHO

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The term "RINO" is a perfect example of how mindlessly broken and counterproductive this system is. A moderate from either side is exactly what this country needs. Maybe it'll break up some of the divisiveness and get people to actually work together instead of against one another. The amount of effort both sides put into blocking the other rather than for benefiting the country and citizens is absurd.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Amash, it's just a general statement on how broken our two party system has become.
To me the term "RINO" means someone with right leaning values but chooses to think for themselves and refuses to march in lockstep with the party leaders. I can support that.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

He's been in politics for 10 years before making the switch.

·
Cup holders & Rollbars
540 Posts
I used to like him until he turned against Trump. Come to find out his family business imports Tekton tools sold thru Harbor Freight. I don't think he liked that Trump was going after China.

Not sure where his votes will come from, but I expect Bernie Bros to be for him.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't understand how people think Trump doesn't respect our constitution? Amash made his platform on that belief; I also don't trust him at all with him being one of only 2 independents in congress, who happens to hate trump, and happens to be the only independent to vote for impeachment; and who happens to be spouting the exact same nonsense as the democrats.

That's a mystery who he really is.
There are many examples of him not respecting the Constitution, but I won't bother listing them because you'll either claim he didn't do those things or that they weren't a violating of the constitution.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used to like him until he turned against Trump. Come to find out his family business imports Tekton tools sold thru Harbor Freight. I don't think he liked that Trump was going after China.

Not sure where his votes will come from, but I expect Bernie Bros to be for him.
Of course I started liking him when he turned on Trump. According to Tekton's web site only 5% of their product line is imported from China, 19% is made in the USA, and the rest comes from Taiwan.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts

The way our system is now and has been for a number of years is like you said counterproductive and broken. I cant see a guy breaking ranks and going after the first guy who went after the establishment as anyone who will be for the people but for himself.
I think Trump actually pulled establishment republicans more to the right as opposed to where they were heading which was to the left of center.
Just the way I see.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
There are many examples of him not respecting the Constitution, but I won't bother listing them because you'll either claim he didn't do those things or that they weren't a violating of the constitution.
or you can't?

I honestly don't know of any actual specific examples of trump no respecting the contitution.

and since when have I, ever, gone out of my way to defend trump? You're confusing me with aber

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Read his wiki, he's only worked 2 years of his life, and that was for his family owned business. Fuck people that make a career out of politics. They'll never understand what people that work for a living actually need. The sooner voters realize this and quit wasting a vote on career politicians, the sooner we will actually get some representation out of our representatives.

·
2002 Chevy S-10 PU ZR2
95 Posts
I can tell you one good thing that would come from an Amash Presidency. He would veto spending bills that add to the deficit.

FWIW I do live in the 3rd district (Amash)

·
Registered
3,662 Posts

I am right there with you on that one :thumb:

RBB:usa:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts