Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Its about time I joined this site, been trolling around for about two weeks now, just finally got the time to sign up (even though I probably could have any of the other times I was on :thumb: )

Anyways, I bought an 87 YJ back in May, completely stock, in pretty rough shape aesthetically, but decent mechanically. However, on its maiden voyage, I found out otherwise. It pretty much did this -> :junk: and rolled on me, breaking the windshield and stock rollcage. Oh well, no biggie, just an excuse to make it "safer" by lifting, locking, and swapping (plus cage and windshield, lol)!

I plan on swapping an 8.8, chevy 350, th700r4, np231 (to replace the craptastic BA10), lifting a few inches, and throwing 33's on it for now. Eventually SOA and 60's, but thats way down the road when I have enough money (me <- still a college student :beerbang: )

So yeah, glad to be here, and when I eventually get around to working on the heep (I'm an out-of-state student, yeah chicago) I'll post some pics and what-not to make you all jealous of my v-8 power, muahahaha!

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
welcome to the fray. We have members from Chicago also here. Can not wait to see pics of your work. One question how did you break the cage?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One question how did you break the cage?
Well, good question, I'm not quite sure, but when I rolled, it happened to have enough force to tear the bolt attaching the extension right through the metal and have said extension hit me in the head, so really all I need are new extensions to the windshield, but I would really like a full cage, just because I don't want another concussion :sonicjay:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts