Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a letter in the mail that JP Magazine is done! Kinda sad that was the only paper copy of anything I still bought!

·
Hang all the thieves
1,688 Posts
That's a bummer. I used to enjoy reading that too, when I still had my jeep.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,109 Posts
They are converting to web based. I called them and told them I wasn't going to pay for reading stuff on line since there is so much out there for free. They sent me a refund for the remainder of my subscription.

·
Gustafson
9,217 Posts
Diesel power is doing the same. I canceled my subscription as well.

When we go up north or when I sit on the patio (rare occasion I have down time at home) I like to read a magazine or the news paper. NOT a tablet... Sad.

·
Hang all the thieves
1,688 Posts
Diesel power is doing the same. I canceled my subscription as well.

When we go up north or when I sit on the patio (rare occasion I have down time at home) I like to read a magazine or the news paper. NOT a tablet... Sad.
I was just thinking something very similar. Even though I do a lot of reading/research on the tablet or phone, there are some things that are just more enjoyable to read in an actual magazine format.

·
XJ Crazed
160 Posts
Not having a printed magazine and being forced to look at a screen more in a day isn't my cup of tea either so I will cancel my subscription as well. However if you have kept a year or two of old issues you can just reread one randomly each month and it would be like reading a new issue. Bolt on lift kit install, bolt on accessory install, tire review, same product from a different company released, new year same Jeep event, etc.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
The one gal that worked, freelance photographer for JP Magazine, Traci Clark is trying to put something together, were hoping this will turn into a magazine of sorts. Shes working on it and I believe others are involved too.
Use the Facebook search engine looking in Facebook groups. Its called Gone-Gpn (Gone-Gpn.com)
So far theres over a 1000 followers in the group. Join the group and stay tuned as they grow and hopefully turn into a jeep magazine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The one gal that worked, freelance photographer for JP Magazine, Traci Clark is trying to put something together, were hoping this will turn into a magazine of sorts. Shes working on it and I believe others are involved too.
Use the Facebook search engine looking in Facebook groups. Its called Gone-Gpn (Gone-Gpn.com)
So far theres over a 1000 followers in the group. Join the group and stay tuned as they grow and hopefully turn into a jeep magazine.
Thanks for posting this. I, too, appreciate a hard copy of a magazine over the online version.
Hopefully Traci can pull it off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts