Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

621 - 637 of 637 Posts

·
Low Range Drifter
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #622
I made some extra work with exhaust. I slid the muffler too far forward and it interfered with floor by a curly hair. Last night spent some time working on the fix to that. Needs another hour or so of work and I should have that done.

Over the weekend I finished the exhaust tubing work. It still needs hangers and to paint & wrap the crossover. When it is apart, I will install exhaust manifold gaskets and the oil dipstick tube.

I think up next is fitting the hood and grill so I can set aside space for headlights. I think I'll have trans cooler, steering cooler, steering valve and maybe the battery in front of the engine. I have to see if that can all fit. If not I have to decide what gets tucked behind seat.

This week was last week of my youngest daughter's basketball, and my older daughter wraps up in the next few weeks depending on how far they make it in the playoffs. At it's peak we had 4-5 games a week.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,371 Posts
My project is about done so I should have more time to get over soon. I'm looking forward to drilling holes in the hood where they aren't needed.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #633
I have been trying to figure how to do a spreader on the shock mounts and keep it under the hood. I decided to go with a double bar made of 1x0.125 DOM. I want to make a plate between the two, but first I want to add on some bars to make the upper grille mount and a make it double for front hood pin mount.

Battery arrived yesterday. I think I can make it all fit up front. It will take some more figuring.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #636
Working on my CAD skills. I wanted to see if I could take advantage of the cowl opening as an air intake. I grabbed a 2001 LS1 Camaro filter for mock-up. It’s roughly 16x8.

I would need a lid that would help to direct air to the filter. The other mod I would do is to have the rear panel perpendicular to the ground. With the angle it gets a little close to the PS pump.

Any thoughts?

621 - 637 of 637 Posts