Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

521 - 540 of 580 Posts

·
Low Range Drifter
8,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #522
All the panels that came with the kit are installed. The 31x19 Griffin rad with Derale dual fans is mounted. I used the Goat built gas tank and tray that allows a factory truck fuel pump to be used. I built the stands that connect it to the chassis.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

·
Mall Rated
1,573 Posts
Nice to see some updates on this. Are your axle tie downs upside down? I always thought they were like a keyhole and smaller went to the bottom.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Feels like I'm in the Twilight Zone or something.....people are posting in build threads on GL again 🤣 Happy to see that you're still plugging away at this and making good progress.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,268 Posts
this is a pic off their site. I verified before welding them on

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Yes, that is correct. It needs to be that way if you are using a bigger/wider type of hook. The narrow key hole at the top is to allow a hook like shown to fit.

·
Mall Rated
1,573 Posts
I just assumed they were upside down because I mostly see them the other way around with the snap hook in them.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,741 Posts
Making some great progress. I miss build threads. Can absorb so many cool ideas!

·
Mall Rated
1,573 Posts
Almost there! lol Looks really good. Parts of me wish I could start all over again. I've learned so much from when I first built mine. At times I've thought about a new home brew frame or a similar WOD frame

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,995 Posts
If you ever need the help of someone with a good back let me know! I still owe you for letting me borrow the trailer

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,995 Posts
Yep! Dollar store oven cleaner does wonders. Make sure to neutralize it before paint though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

521 - 540 of 580 Posts