Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

481 - 500 of 519 Posts

·
Low Range Drifter
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
Looking good! I am in love with those wheels, but not the price. Definitely not in the budget for my rebuild
I like them a lot. Quality seems better than other wheels I've messed with. We will see how they hold up.

VERY nice!
Thanks!

Bad ass! Looks like it may get a little cold for another UP snow run🤔
I swear I won’t have a 10bolt next time😆
I still have my old mojave heater sitting on the shelf. I need to figure out where to fit it in for some cold weather wheeling.

I felt bad for you D44/10-bolt guys for having to replace shafts so often that trip. It was cold to lay on the ground. I wasn't happy having to take apart my frozen hub 5' off the road.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I've been looking hard at these Goatbuilt kits. IDK which one is right for me though.

I'm 6'5 and don't plan to compete in anything lol. I just can easily make the case it makes more sense to start there than with a rusty Jeep frame.

I enjoyed reading the whole build thread, I hope you're still working on it.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
I'm 6'1" and fit OK. If I were to do another, I would do pass drop transfer case and drop the driver's seat lower to get more head room. I can't get my seat lower without sitting on the t-case.

I would expect the LJ kit to be larger than the JHF kit since it's based on TJ/LJ dimensions.

I haven't spent much time in the shop in the past few months. Maybe 2 days poking at stuff. Busy with family at the moment. Had a few hours last week but it 90+ degrees and frankly I didn't care to go sweat it out.

·
Gustafson
9,038 Posts
I'm 6'1" and fit OK. If I were to do another, I would do pass drop transfer case and drop the driver's seat lower to get more head room. I can't get my seat lower without sitting on the t-case.

I would expect the LJ kit to be larger than the JHF kit since it's based on TJ/LJ dimensions.

I haven't spent much time in the shop in the past few months. Maybe 2 days poking at stuff. Busy with family at the moment. Had a few hours last week but it 90+ degrees and frankly I didn't care to go sweat it out.
And no one can blame you for that.

·
cool story
271 Posts

I'm 6'2" and fit in AJ's JHF great (he's same height), lots of extra headroom.

I just started another JHF, hope to have it done by New Years. Ditching all the front tubing, and adding doors among a bunch of other things. I feel your pain on the heat, I installed AC in the shop a month ago and its incredible. Didn't want to repeat last Summer.

Attachments

481 - 500 of 519 Posts