Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

461 - 480 of 519 Posts

·
Mall Rated
1,564 Posts
Looking good! I was putting the sign up at Hartland Brewing earlier this week and thought about needing to come out and see this in person someday. Plus it would be fun to sit and BS for a min.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
Looking good! I was putting the sign up at Hartland Brewing earlier this week and thought about needing to come out and see this in person someday. Plus it would be fun to sit and BS for a min.
Give me a shout next time you're in the area.

do you think the pvc will hold up well? Do you fill it with concrete or something ?
Yeah, but I couldn't fit rebar in that small of PVC so I put in some MIG wire from the end of a spool.

·
Formerly 89TBIguy
25 Posts
Awesome build, I like what you did with the motor mounts. Do you have a number you are shooting for as far as steering angle goes or is it just whatever the links will allow?

·
Low Range Drifter
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #470
I'm going start with the factory 1550 super duty shafts and see what it can do with the JHF steer arms and a 10" ram. They claim it can steer 50*, but we will see as I get it clear everything and check for binding.

I haven't touched the factory stops yet, but during cycling the stops were hitting before tires made contact.

·
Formerly 89TBIguy
25 Posts
I'm going start with the factory 1550 super duty shafts and see what it can do with the JHF steer arms and a 10" ram. They claim it can steer 50*, but we will see as I get it clear everything and check for binding.

I haven't touched the factory stops yet, but during cycling the stops were hitting before tires made contact.

It’s hard not to for as cheap as they are, 50 degrees would be awesome. I’ll be following along closely.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #472
Steering coming along. Angled sides up a bit more to just over 20*, made from 1.5x0.25. Front bar is 2x0.375 and to tuck the bar back I made pockets for the ram mounts. It still sticks out 9" in front of axle, but hopefully protects the ram when I drive by braille.

Ram clears diff cover. Pass side has lots of room to steer link. Drivers side will need a hair of clearance.

Next up is to make plate for ram mount from 1/4". I plan to add a 3rd support from the bash bar to the housing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

461 - 480 of 519 Posts