Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently working on two job openings that I thought may be of interest to the valuable members of the www.greatlakes4x4.com community :tonka:

I have a position for an entry level - 3yr experienced Mechanical Engineer for Foundation Braking Development.

Required would be a degree, and either co-op or on the job experience in vehicle systems, chassis, braking, steering, or suspensions, abs, TCS, Vehicle Dynamics, etc. This person will be responsible for supporting the engineering and development of foundation brake programs. Some travel would be required to do testing, all testing will be in warm weather test locations, no travel to the UP for cold weather testing required. Travel will be 4-6 times per year, up to but not longer then one week each time. The manager is fairly open to entry level candidates and more picky on people with a few years experience, mainly because those with experience will demand more money and will have to hit the ground running to justify the extra $$.

I also have a similar position for a Sr. Product Engineer again on the Foundation Brakes. This person will be responsible for the design and development of foundation brake components from concept to production launch. Will require interface with internal and external customers, suppliers, manufacturing facilities, designers, and lab personnel.

If interested in either send me a PM with contact information and email address.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting... ABS development without wintertest?
Foundation Brake Development, Ideal candidate would be a foundation brakes development engineer, others consider may include those with ABS experience since they will be familiar with foundation brakes.

·
Just another day
3,258 Posts
Alex I will take TRW for $200! PM me the details. I co opped there for a year. Also do you know which division of brakes? Do you know if they have any positions for application engineering? Thanks

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Foundation Brake Development, Ideal candidate would be a foundation brakes development engineer, others consider may include those with ABS experience since they will be familiar with foundation brakes.

Yeah, true. wintertest was sw/hw, foundation was always worried about heat.

·
Living on the Edge
2,077 Posts
I know quite a few people at TRW, the company I used to work for installed 3 climate-controlled testing brake Dynos.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alex I will take TRW for $200! PM me the details. I co opped there for a year. Also do you know which division of brakes? Do you know if they have any positions for application engineering? Thanks
PM me an email and phone number I will call you tomorrow morning.

·
Boost Withdrawl
2,706 Posts
The manager will consider entry level candidates up to candidates with 3 yrs experience...what is so confusing?:confused:
I figured if you just entered something, you have no experience. 3yrs entry level sounds like an oxymoron, either you have experience or you are entry level I figured.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
I figured if you just entered something, you have no experience. 3yrs entry level sounds like an oxymoron, either you have experience or you are entry level I figured.
Well, for us, a guy with 0, 1, 2 years, he's still an entry level guy.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
I think it is a dash... as in entry level (0 years) to 3 year experience.

but I am a rocket scientist

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
I just forwarded the job description onto some KU friends who just graduated and are looking for a full time engineering job :thumb:

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bump...Still looking for a younger 1-3 yr engineer and also the Sr. position is still open, though they have scheduled some interviews with some of my candidates.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts