Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everybody suggestions? Looks like the top on the wife's jku is a factory type top. The windows are difficult to see through. It leaks in several spots around the front. And is general poor condition.

I have the bestop trektop for my LJ and it's a pita to get the windows zipped up.

Looking for something simple. Thoughts and opinions?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
very happy with out bestop trektop nx. easy to use and it's on all year round. after taking it on/off a couple times, it became quite easy.

with this one, the rear seat section isn't really designed to come off easy, but that's ok with us. I'll take the rear window and both side panels off, then fold back the front seat section and be done.

hopefully this will help. you can see the rear seat section and how it folds back

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,938 Posts
I've had the trektop since it nearly came out, besides the loss of some storage in the back you just can't beat it. It's very reasonable, easy to take an and off, and just plain works well.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,122 Posts
I've had the trektop since it nearly came out, besides the loss of some storage in the back you just can't beat it. It's very reasonable, easy to take an and off, and just plain works well.

That's my hesitation.

I bought new windows for the factory top last year, but there is some other worn hardware i'm not that thrilled with.
I like the NX, but worry about losing too much space.

@shawn Do you wish you had moe space often?
I'll keep using the hardtop in the winter, but for summer?

And as a note, I have 3 WJ's, so if i know I need space I take one of those.

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,938 Posts
Sometimes I wish I had more space, but that's been the same story with every Jeep I've ever had :sonicjay:
I've learned to pack better and lighter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts