Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about ordering a 08 2 door wrangler

hard top
towing package 44's front, rear 4.10 gears
lockers
electric sway bar disconecct
air
5 spd manual

checked into what lifetime drivetrain warranty covers up to 3" lift first owner only
i found 3 1/2" lift clears 35" tires
anyone know what they cover for how big of tires for 4.10 gears

price was about $24,600 for the features i listed
4,000 down, payments will be about $400 a month
once orderd about 7 weeks untile i recieve it

anyone else have one
any thoughts??

·
Registered
390 Posts
The lifetime warranty thing is a joke, just to let you know. When I last had my Jeep into our local dealership I was talking to a couple service guys about it, and they were saying how much of a joke it was.

In order for you to keep that lifetime warranty active, you have to get ALL your service and maintenance work done at the dealership. Including oil changes, flushes, fills, etc... ALL your work has to be done at the top dollar dealerships so they can make sure the work is done right, or your warranty will be void.

So I wouldn't spend any extra money on that.

One of the members of our Jeep Club has an 07 JK. Very nice vehicle, looks amazing lifted, does great offroading. That motor (despite everyones resentment for it being in minivans) has a lot of power.

-Brandon

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
The lifetime warranty thing is a joke, just to let you know. When I last had my Jeep into our local dealership I was talking to a couple service guys about it, and they were saying how much of a joke it was.

In order for you to keep that lifetime warranty active, you have to get ALL your service and maintenance work done at the dealership. Including oil changes, flushes, fills, etc... ALL your work has to be done at the top dollar dealerships so they can make sure the work is done right, or your warranty will be void.

One of the members of our Jeep Club has an 07 JK. Very nice vehicle, looks amazing lifted, does great offroading. That motor (despite everyones resentment for it being in minivans) has a lot of power.

-Brandon
Maybe it's different with the 4.10 gearing, but the 2 door I drove was a turd and a joke compared to the 4.0L.

Drive it and see how you like it first, the one I drove wasn't much better then my old 2.5L in the YJ.

·
$9.00 vanilla malt
2,773 Posts
why not

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Maybe it's different with the 4.10 gearing, but the 2 door I drove was a turd and a joke compared to the 4.0L.

Drive it and see how you like it first, the one I drove wasn't much better then my old 2.5L in the YJ.
Yup, I drove the Rubicon and standard and they both felt that they didn't have as much torque as the 4.0L. However, they were both Autos and i am used to my Manual so that may have played a factor.

Also don't plan on ever getting ANYBODY in the back seat if you are getting the 2 door unless they change something in '08.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have the 4door and I don't have anything to compare it to because it's my first Jeep, but to me it's flawless. I'm used to my other cars that go right to 80 when you give them gas. I was told Jeeps aren't made nor have they ever been made to do that. I really like mine though. This is a picture of it with 2.5 in spacers (I know now, mistake) and 35's http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t295/cjrogers10/P1000767.jpg

This is a tire clearance picture http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t295/cjrogers10/P1000762.jpg

·
Registered
5,407 Posts

-Brandon
Ah, no! According to the contract the only requirement is that every 5 years you have to have an inspection by a dealership. The warrantee is a GREAT thing if you plan to keep your rig.

I just bought my '07 4-door. Here are my thoughts..... I have a 3" BDS lift and 33s. Lots of guys are running 35s, but also breaking stuff. With 33s I have not noticed a loss of power and I have plenty of room in my wheel wells. I would get an '07 automatic if you can find one (there are a lot at the dealerships in St. Louis right now). If you get an '08 the 4.10 gears will not be available and you will have to do with 3.73 gears. I had the option to buy a 3-piece hardtop for the same price as I got the soft top. I had no desire to have or store a hardtop. That being said, I have seen new soft tops for the 4-doors going for $500 and hard tops going for $2000 so I probably should have bought the hard top and sold it.

Final thoughts......I bought mine 6 days before the warantee was offered (and bought the warantee later). Considering the warantee will cover all stock drivetrain components FOREVER you should consider buying a Rubicon. That way you get a 4:1 t-case and D44 axles that will be covered forever. With my X-package if I ever upgrade the axles or t-case they will no longer be covered.

Heres a pic of mine. Also, check out www.jk-forum.com for other opinions.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I did jump the horse power by about 55hp which definately makes a difference. Throttle body spacer, airaid air intake, performance chip, and gibson duel exhaust. I can get to 80 at a slight up hill and like I said I have 35's and a 3.21 ring and pinion. That's being changed next week though.

·
Just another day
3,258 Posts
I think the JK's are pretty BA. I have driven several and I like them a lot. The axles are all suposedly 'enhanced' and stronger then the previous D30 and D44. The reason why the 4.0L feels to have so much more torque is the JK is heavier then the TJ...just a thought

I did jump the horse power by about 55hp which definately makes a difference. Throttle body spacer, airaid air intake, performance chip, and gibson duel exhaust. I can get to 80 at a slight up hill and like I said I have 35's and a 3.21 ring and pinion. That's being changed next week though.

so you did a throttle body spacer, intake, exhaust, and chip and you gained 55hp:confused: If you did thats great, but I would like to see a dyno that shows the gains:thumb:

·
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
8,589 Posts
They must be having a Fire Sale and Taylor Jeep jk dude $400 a month is high for one also i seen on some of the JK forums that the 4 doors got more speed and power then the 2 doors.

Also i looked into it 4 months ago i was thinking of getting a JK too But you see what i have now ( 03 Rubicon @ $270 a month)

if i was you keep the Rubicon for 2 years till they work the bugs out of the JKs just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It just says in advertizing that the combo of the spacer, air intake and chip that you get 20% more horse power which is 40hp. Then if you add a high flow muffler to get the air out you get another 15hp. I don't know but I can tell you that the 4door stock with 35's would barely hit 70mph than after adding all that it goes over 80mph. :woot:

·
Tap Tap Splat
15,560 Posts
It just says in advertizing that the combo of the spacer, air intake and chip that you get 20% more horse power which is 40hp. Then if you add a high flow muffler to get the air out you get another 15hp. I don't know but I can tell you that the 4door stock with 35's would barely hit 70mph than after adding all that it goes over 80mph. :woot:
HAHAHAHA.... did you put a tornado in the intake too?

·
Blowd up
6,335 Posts
Advertising is just that, something to make you buy their crap.

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
My wife has been shopping for a 4-door, and we took a 2008 for a test drive last week. She drove, liked the power better than her 04LJ (which is hampered by auto, 33s and 3.73 gears). Optioned out a little different than you mentioned, I think it was around $27k?

Jack at Sandy Korners in Mears has solved the back set thing for the 2dr model - he was having a helluva time getting customers in and out of the back until one of his customers figured it out. But I never found out what the secret was....

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
You may have gained 30 hp out of all of that.

Add up every advertised HP claim on every bolt-on whatever available for your engine and see what it comes out to.

Now tell me in reality if it would really make that huge of a gain.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts

I have magnets on my fuel line. :thumb:

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts

-Brandon
You are mistaken. What the dealership service guys told you was 100% illegal.

An OEM can not force you to service the vehicle at their shop while the vehicle is under warranty.... it's a law.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
all 4.0L are turds...untill you gear them
Who are you, and why does anything you type lately come across as stupidity? :miff: I have driven several vehicles with 4.0s, and they were all very torquey/powerful. My stock '05 LJ is an auto, and has more power than I need.

Craig

1 - 20 of 83 Posts