Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Team Thumbs Up
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good 4" lift for a four door jk?
Won't be used for off-road a lot. Want a good a ride as possible and want a complete kit. Anything else needed to do 4" on thst jeep?

·
Red Dragons!
2,000 Posts
I would probably go with the AEV kit. I have heard very good things about them. On mine I pieced together a kit with Rock Krawler springs and Bilstein shocks and the ride was better than stock.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have the 4.5 AEV with bil 5160 shocks... It rides good if not as good as stock, been on the jeep for about 25,000 miles... The kit is set up for heavy add one bumpers spare tire ect.. So it has a rake if u don't add weight.. The shocks are a big let down.. The finish rusted bad and the rear shocks are VERY STIFF... Besides that its pretty good, not sure if its 2500$ good lol

·
Little Member
23,794 Posts
I've done many BDS lifts on those. Very nice. What tire size are you going for? Could be looking at a smaller lift.

·
Registered
891 Posts
When ride quality is the concern, we usually recommend Old Man Emu from ARB.

Can I ask why you are going with 4" of lift? Are you running 37s or larger?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the AEV 3.5" lift. no complaints really. Rides just like it did stock (it could use some more flex off-road but on road its great)

·
BDS warranty is BS!
108 Posts
Another vote for AEV. 4.5 with bilsteins on my JKUR on 37's and the ride is smooth on the Eway at 85MPH. There is a good video where they take an AEV JK on the track and crawling that is a blast to watch.

·
BDS warranty is BS!
108 Posts
My front drive shaft went when the seal failed due to the extreme angle of the joint. Replaced it with a Tatton's double CV and called it a day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts