Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I my my 2008 Rubicon used, it was lifted to some degree (third party transaction so no clue on what original owner did) but I don't know how much.

I put on a Teraflex leveling kit, flat fender's and 37's.
I haven't loved the ride quality, looking to purchase a new lift, am happy with height so I want to match.

Can someone get me a measurement of front and rear spring bucket to spring bucket height either on a stock, or know lifted height JK so I can compare?

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@xj4life

Thank You, in the front I have 5" from From the Axle Bump pad to the rubber, 6.5" to the metal can.
Going to guess I have 3" Lift springs + The 1.5" Teraflex leveling putting me at 3.5".

I'm going after a friendlier ride. It's pretty stiff on-road and doesn't always want to give me the uptravel i think i should have off-road.

Thinking the Metalcloak 3.5" Game Changer Suspension. Just then it's to figure out shocks, Falcon, 6PAK. I'm running the RS9000's right now, While i've used the adjustability some, I haven't used it that much.

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
@Sandals

You're welcome! For what its worth I'm running 35's (x 12.5" wide) with my 3" lift and Teraflex extended bump stops. Don't get any rubbing but VERY limited on up travel. Works good in the rocks and slow speed stuff but anything high speed I'm constantly hitting the bump stops.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought it with whatever the 2" lift is on it.

2 years ago I did a leveling kit, RS9000's, Adjustable Lower arms, Adjustable Track Bars, sleeving, trussing, RCV shafts etc. Metalcloak Flat fenders and 37's.

I'm after a little smoother ride and a little better flex off-road.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
I have a 3" AEV kit with Bilsteins on my wife's jku and it rides significantly better once I put on their lower control arm drop brackets. Only a hundred bucks too. I then lifted my buddies jku and he went with a cheap teraflex spacer lift but with these drop brackets and it too rides great. He also stayed with factory shocks.

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
I have a 3" AEV kit with Bilsteins on my wife's jku and it rides significantly better once I put on their lower control arm drop brackets. Only a hundred bucks too. I then lifted my buddies jku and he went with a cheap teraflex spacer lift but with these drop brackets and it too rides great. He also stayed with factory shocks.
Good info! I've been thinking about adding those to mine as well.

·
Registered
2010 JEEP JK
2 Posts
I have a set of Teraflex 3" lift springs off of my 2010 Jeep Wrangler, JK. The springs have about 60k miles on them. I removed/replaced them cause I thought they were the cause of my jeep leaning slightly to the passenger side :unsure:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts