Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Are you cooool maaaann?
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some digging and can't find any good info on these axles. Just wondering if anyone has a good link. I am mainly looking for axle shaft dimensions. If anyone has an extra set laying around that they would be willing to take some measurements off of that would be awesome also.

Basically I'm looking for info on the splines, seal location and u-joint size. I know the inners are a 27 spline but I was just wondering if they are the same diameter as the older D30's and if the seal surface is the same diameter. I believe they use the same u-joint size as the older D30's also (larger cap), I just need confirmation before I spend any $$$.

·
GL 4x4 Vendors
3,146 Posts
I've been doing some digging and can't find any good info on these axles. Just wondering if anyone has a good link. I am mainly looking for axle shaft dimensions. If anyone has an extra set laying around that they would be willing to take some measurements off of that would be awesome also.

Basically I'm looking for info on the splines, seal location and u-joint size. I know the inners are a 27 spline but I was just wondering if they are the same diameter as the older D30's and if the seal surface is the same diameter. I believe they use the same u-joint size as the older D30's also (larger cap), I just need confirmation before I spend any $$$.
The JK axles are larger at the spline - 1.18" vs 1.16".

They use the same Dana 30 inner seal as the TJ Dana 30 (Dana 44 seals are different although many places say they're the same as the 30).

Can't help dimensionally on seal placement.

U-joints for Dana 30 are 5-760X

U-joints for Dana 44 are 5-7166X

1 - 3 of 3 Posts